Recommended boat rigs

Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:46 pm

Right

I hope to do a bit more boat fishing this year, so I want to extend my boat rig use to further than feathers, baited feathers and flying collar rigs for lures.

I know for shore fishing, I really only use two rigs - pulleys and flappers, in slightly different variants.
What I want to know is- what are those couple of rigs that you come back to again and again, that cover a lot of bases.

I want to spend an evening tying a few straightforward rigs that will cover me for the coming year's fishing.

All ideas, information and links to diagrams are welcome!

Re: Recommended boat rigs

Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:35 pm

This should keep you busy!

http://www.skysports.com/downloads/Book ... r_Rigs.pdf

Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:40 pm

hi Paddy - don't worry I have that PDF well read !

Just looking for people's personal experiences, favourites etc

Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:19 pm

Keep it simple. Use a boom for flattie fishing. Same as the shore beads or no beads 3 hook traces and sometimes add a spoon. And 3 hook without the boom off the bottom for other species like whiting gurnard etc. Same over the hard for wrasse and cuckoo and so on

Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:02 pm

Same as rushnaldo. On the sand I sometimes use a 2 hook spreader bar too. Simple to use just vary the hook size depending on the target species. 2's or 1's for the flatties up to 3/0's or 4/0's for the rays.
Try two up one down on the hard. You can keep your lead off the bottom while still having a bait hard on the bottom. Easier to pull for a break if it's just a snood that's stuck in the rough stuff rather than your main rig body.

Tight lines

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk