Came across this the other day - sorry sight

Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:47 pm

Found this sorry guy at a mark I fish recently. By the evidence around the mark it looked like he put up quite a struggle, and probably for quite some time - days?
Some locals said that our FN friends had been about a lot recently but I'm not pointing the finger.
Whoever it was, they were using what looked like at least 50lb mainline :shock: and surely they weren't conger fishing with those small hooks..?
Regardless,
I wish people would be more considerate and not leave fishing line behind, let alone with baited hooks attached!
:cry: :evil: :evil:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Came across this the other day - sorry sight

Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:06 am

Poor fella probably starved to death.......

When we were heading out on Sunday morning i head a noise in the trawler beside our boat and found a gull trapped in the large basket where the fishermen were storing their nets, I dropped down into it the basket managed to get a hold of him, free him and was kindly thanked by him latching onto my arm :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:29 pm

that is a sorry sight alright. its amazing how good the gulls are at spoting bait and heading off with it
if the lads were at the tinnies it would be easy enough to forget a trace in the twilight - terrible result
bring all your rubbish home

Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:57 pm

If I have unwanted waste line then I wrap it around my hand and cut through the loop, this makes the line now virtually safe to birds and most other animals and marine life, it's simple to do and takes seconds; it is better to then bin it rather than throw it away. And if I find other old or discarded line on the shore or anywhere else then i would do the same, and encourage others to do the same too.
Please get into the habit of doing this and educating others...