Lure Fishing Clonakilty

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Lure Fishing Clonakilty

Postby Paddy002 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:30 pm

Hi All

The Family and i are heading to clonality for a few days towards the end of the month and im hoping to fit the lure rod in the car if there's enough room (as it'll be stuffed with prams, bottle makers etc.) :roll:
Would anyone be able to help with any pointers of where to try in the vicinity of Clon, what species to target and lures to use?? or is it just too early and I should leave the rod at home!

Cheers

PC
2019 Species:
Codling, Whiting

2017 Species:
Mackerel, Dog Fish, Whiting, 3 bearded rockling

2016 Species:
Pouting, Cod, Coalfish, LSD, macks, pollock, dogfish, Bass, Eel, Garfish, Ling, conger, yellow fin tuna, Skipjack Tuna, parrot fish, Trigger fish, Scad, Conger, whiting

2015 species:
Codling, sea bass, mack's, flounder, Dab, three bearded rockling, coalfish, dog fish, bull huss, ballen wrasse, Pollock, European eel, cuckoo wrasse, ling, conger,scorpion fish, cod, pouting, blue shark, whiting
Paddy002
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 48 times

Re: Lure Fishing Clonakilty

Postby JimC » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:57 pm

You will be spoiled for choice down that way. Have a go at Inchadoney... You'll see the channel to the right of the beach - Bass move in and out of there. I wouldn't be the most knowledgeable of the area but there are plenty beach marks to try and more rocky Ground out the seven heads lots of deeper rocky ground. Courtmacsharry would be too far off either.

For this message the author JimC has received thanks:
Paddy002 (Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:45 pm)
JimC

Have thanks: 922 times

Re: Lure Fishing Clonakilty

Postby Paddy002 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:49 pm

Thanks Jim, looking at google maps it looks like smashing ground to fish! but as ive 2 babies in tow time will be limited and i wont have the luxury of being able to try a few different marks!
The channel to the right of Inchadoney looks V appealing so will give it a go if theres no other suggestions!
2019 Species:
Codling, Whiting

2017 Species:
Mackerel, Dog Fish, Whiting, 3 bearded rockling

2016 Species:
Pouting, Cod, Coalfish, LSD, macks, pollock, dogfish, Bass, Eel, Garfish, Ling, conger, yellow fin tuna, Skipjack Tuna, parrot fish, Trigger fish, Scad, Conger, whiting

2015 species:
Codling, sea bass, mack's, flounder, Dab, three bearded rockling, coalfish, dog fish, bull huss, ballen wrasse, Pollock, European eel, cuckoo wrasse, ling, conger,scorpion fish, cod, pouting, blue shark, whiting
Paddy002
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 48 times

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum