Some surf some rock

Sun May 02, 2021 10:59 am

With the great reports on here im def due a report, so a few together in this one.
inspired by flounders report here a few weeks ago - i tried to match the tides - but the weather was completely different - big waves and rain, different to the flat calm he connected to the bass - however i prefer the wave action and so it proved

And we had a good night, with 2 bass 3 flounder and a coalie for Gary and 3 bass and 3 flounder for me. Legendary lug from Garys secret spot. Great when a plan comes together.

Good reports out west on the pollack too. So i got up at half 5 and got out west and met up with vinny. Was having no joy on the rubber fish lead heads and a change over to a metal half and half lure got me a nice 5lb plus pollack and a 3.5 lb one later

Vinny was out again during week and the 5 lbs are still in it. in general reports are good for fishing of late

I even chanced the bubble foat and the fly during the week and connected with two trout on the river - steady now - can this good fishing keep going?

Tope on the agenda shortly...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Some surf some rock

Sun May 02, 2021 5:00 pm

Some great fishing the last few weeks for everybody, I wonder if the lockdowns last year have anything to do with it :?:

Mon May 03, 2021 7:50 am

Nice fishing there. There seems to be a few bass knocking around alright. Especially up our end too. Good to hear and see a good report

Well done

Mon May 03, 2021 12:43 pm

Heard of a few bass in Mayo alright - some in daylight - unheard of

Mon May 03, 2021 12:43 pm

did many see the secret flounder photo... :lol:

Mon May 03, 2021 3:38 pm

corbyeire wrote:did many see the secret flounder photo... :lol:

Is thst the one with the 2 brothers :)

Mon May 03, 2021 4:55 pm

Cracking fish. Congrats

Tue May 04, 2021 11:38 pm

Easy to miss when competing with a bass......and a sizeable blue wedge! Great results Corbyiere, you were surely due some success.

Wed May 05, 2021 10:47 am

Nice few fish Brian. Seems to be loads of small bass around here at the moment , not too many that size yet.

Wed May 05, 2021 2:00 pm

johnwest wrote:

Easy to miss when competing with a bass......and a sizeable blue wedge! Great results Corbyiere, you were surely due some success.

Thanks paddy, you know yourself, the sizeable blue wedge is almost as elusive as the occasional ray - 25 years fishing, still havent got one :lol:

Thu May 13, 2021 1:46 pm

great fishing Brian, class
Good luck with the tope. We'll be expecting you to catch a few at this rate ;)

Fri May 14, 2021 10:49 am

I hooked one if you believe Ian, im like a rabid dog to get out over the next neaps

no pressure as usual charlie

:) :) :)