Skerries Eging

Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:41 am

Tried Skerries pier again this evening for squid from 8pm to 10pm, this time I brought a UV torch as this charges the lures glow faster and they also hold charge longer. I started off with just a single lure clipped on but it's very hard to feel bottom like this so eventually switched to a 2 lure twisted boom arm rig with a 3oz weight on the end. I tried casting in different directions just out past the light with varying retrieval techniques but yet again no such luck. This being the 3rd or so time trying and failing I think it might be easier to just go buy a lb of squid if I need it for bait as it's only a fiver :lol:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Skerries Eging

Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:47 am

Been meaning try it myself but I think the water needs to totally clear

Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:52 am

cd07 wrote:Been meaning try it myself but I think the water needs to totally clear

Yeah it was pretty murky actually, and I don't think that's going to change any time soon looking at the swell forecast for this week!

Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:18 am

one thing that you need is that no moon... also clearer water and brighter flood lamp pointing in the water where you are trying to get them.

Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:38 am

Gonzo wrote:
cd07 wrote:Been meaning try it myself but I think the water needs to totally clear

Yeah it was pretty murky actually, and I don't think that's going to change any time soon looking at the swell forecast for this week!

Was trying for mackerel in Skerries this morning (no joy) and water us a little bit coloured alright.