Tralee Bay, Co.Kerry

Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:41 pm

Had a few days fishing with friends in Kerry targeting bass, stingers, gar amongst other things
The weed made the fishing tough at times but good time had by all 8)
A few pics:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Tralee Bay, Co.Kerry

Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:45 pm

last few:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:29 am

Great pics

Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:11 am

If you call that tough I’d love to see a handy session! Fantastic fishing man fair play!

Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:00 pm

Some cracking fish and photos.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:50 pm

If only the gars played ball we would have had everything we wanted. Just roll on Norway now.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:37 pm

That's some collection of species, I've just added undulate and stinger to my bucket list! Is that a weever lurking in that last pic?

Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:03 am

How could you not catch fish with that massive bait that is surely the reason why you had such a mix of species Well done great photo's
mickser

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:56 am

Great fishing well done!

Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:01 am

Great fishing Charlie, well done!

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:02 pm

delmonte wrote:If you call that tough I’d love to see a handy session! Fantastic fishing man fair play!
It was tough enough, that was the result of 4 full days fishing, 3 men two rods each! Two full days were practically a waste of time due to weed. Can't complain though :mrgreen:

corkconian wrote:If only the gars played ball we would have had everything we wanted. Just roll on Norway now.
Matter of weeks now James. Not long now!.. 8)

johnwest wrote:That's some collection of species, I've just added undulate and stinger to my bucket list! Is that a weever lurking in that last pic?
It is a weever Paddy, well spotted. It wriggled, and by doing so it dug itself, into the wet sand in front of us. Cool wee fish, and quite a set of teeth on it

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:24 pm

Well done - Some lovely fishing there - was there many stingers about ? any one else catching them ?

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:32 pm

chuckaroo wrote:.e Cool wee fish, and quite a set of teeth on it

It's not the teeth you have to worry about!

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:59 pm

jellybait wrote:Well done - Some lovely fishing there - was there many stingers about ? any one else catching them ?
simple answer: nope! Plenty of people trying and hoping for one and plenty of people talking about them but by the sounds of it we got lucky

johnwest wrote:It's not the teeth you have to worry about!
Of course

Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:17 am

Is the 1st photo a painted ray? What size was the stinger?

Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:24 pm

guernica84 wrote:Is the 1st photo a painted ray? What size was the stinger?
Yip, painted/small-eyed ray in first pic
The stinger was only a few pounds in weight i.e. not big