Bass hunting @ Pilmore Beach

Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:00 pm

Alarm went off @ 03.00 and got me coffee and bits and pieces together and off i set for Pilmore.
Never fished it before and hadn't really any idea of where but I knew from the maps that the estuary was near it so I got there for 04.00 and cast away. Seconds into my sess and Doggy, followed by another and after moving again right down to the bend, i had another 5 Dog's :roll: don't mind as such but i had only 24 Fresh crab and nothing else so, was wishing they would Jog on..

Dawn was breaking and i must say, it was fairly cold there, but I then got me Bass :D though tiny.. Still beggars can't be choosers...
I had been fishing the coming tide for 2 1/2 hours, all Dogs, then soon as the Ebb started, the Bass.
I admired the beauty of this place and I will be fishing it lots, in the hope of a Bigger fella and with the Cod coming in soon too, maybe a few of them.

The colours that I saw and the quietest of the beach was amazing, I've lived in OZ for 9 years and as Beautiful that is, I'm Proud of being Irish and coming from such a Beautiful country, its mornings like this, makes me happy I'm alive...

Thanks,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Bass hunting @ Pilmore Beach

Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:02 pm

more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:34 pm

Looked lovely, fished it years ago but got nothing . Well done

Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:07 pm

corkconian wrote:Looked lovely, fished it years ago but got nothing . Well done

Be back soon for the Cod, I can see the attraction of this place... I have to admit - the speed in which the Ebb flowed, I still am in disbelief....

Thanks,

Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:18 pm

To simplify it; when the tide pushes in it hold back all the fresh water in the river/estuary. So while a flooding tide may push 2 million gallons :? up an river/estuary it could also hold back the same amount of fresh water hence the reason for huge amounts of water on the ebb.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:31 am

donal domeney wrote:To simplify it; when the tide pushes in it hold back all the fresh water in the river/estuary. So while a flooding tide may push 2 million gallons :? up an river/estuary it could also hold back the same amount of fresh water hence the reason for huge amounts of water on the ebb.

Oh I know All about water i can tell ya, but how fast it all was gone, was amazing.. The mud flats appeared so quickly, and great to get a good look of where to fish next :)

Has anyone fished the Outer side? I had my chest waders in the car, but as I only had limited bait, i didn't bother.
Would like to though... Im getting more Crab start of next week so might have a butchers then.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:21 am

Clive O Driscoll wrote:

Be back soon for the Cod, I can see the attraction of this place... I have to admit - the speed in which the Ebb flowed, I still am in disbelief....

Thanks,

you wont be the only one there for the Cod

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:08 am

corkconian wrote:
Clive O Driscoll wrote:

Thanks,

you wont be the only one there for the Cod

More the merrier 8)