North Dublin: Lures and conditions

Fishing with Plugs, Spinners and other Artificials

Moderators: teacher, MAC

North Dublin: Lures and conditions

Postby Greendag » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:08 pm

Alright Lads, just looking for a bit of advice, I know there’s a few bass showing up in North Dublin at moment, I’ve had a couple myself bait fishing at night but lure fishing is not something I do much of.
I have a cheap and cheerful spinning set up and I know the fundamentals are the basically the same anywhere but to lads fishing this neck of the woods ( thinking Portmarnock to Rogerstown)
What’s your favorite couple of lures fishing this area?
Your favorite conditions? wind, tide, time of day?
And finally ....what’s the gps coordinates to your best bass mark? :D :D only joking
Seriously though, any advice would be appreciated.
Greendag
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 183 times

Re: North Dublin: Lures and conditions

Postby Rod Tips » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:17 pm

And finally ....what’s the gps coordinates to your best bass mark? :D :D only joking

LOL.

If you do happen to get any GPS.... Send location
Rod Tips
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 98 times

Postby Greendag » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:40 pm

Rod Tips wrote:And finally ....what’s the gps coordinates to your best bass mark? :D :D only joking

LOL.

If you do happen to get any GPS.... Send location

I think lads would give up their pps number, bank details and mothers maidan name before they’d give their bass marks :D
Anyways, I suppose what I was saying was if you’re lure fishing north Dublin, what’s you’re ideal conditions? And what 2 or 3 lures would you want in your bag? :wink:

For this message the author Greendag has received thanks:
nicefish (Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:57 am)
Greendag
SAI Bait Ball

Postby Gonzo » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:49 pm

I have not had any success on lures YET, but from all the reading/research I've done here and on other sites, kilty catcher metal spinners are excellent in the surf. For a surface/shallow dive lure everyone says the tacklehouse feedshallow 128mm is the number one plug, one that's bright such as pearl white or chartreuse.
2023 shore species: (0)
2023 hours fishing on shore: 0
Gonzo Fishing Ireland

For this message the author Gonzo has received thanks:
Greendag (Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:29 pm)
Gonzo
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 413 times

Postby Greendag » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:34 pm

Gonzo wrote:I have not had any success on lures YET, but from all the reading/research I've done here and on other sites, kilty catcher metal spinners are excellent in the surf. For a surface/shallow dive lure everyone says the tacklehouse feedshallow 128mm is the number one plug, one that's bright such as pearl white or chartreuse.

Thanks Gonzo, I have a few kilty lures in the shed somewhere. Those tacklehouse feedshallows don’t come cheap do they, I picked up a knock off version a while ago, haven’t tried it yet though
Greendag
SAI Bait Ball

Postby daveyboy » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:55 pm

If the mark is a bit deeper Savage Gear Sandeels and fiish black minnows catch well. If it's really snaggy and shallow try weedless and weightless soft plastics or top waters. I like the small patchinko but lots to choose from. All about finding the fish though. I would have thought it's still a bit early but I'm sure you're in with a chance on some marks

For this message the author daveyboy has received thanks:
Greendag (Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:53 pm)
daveyboy
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 79 times

Postby Greendag » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:20 pm

daveyboy wrote:If the mark is a bit deeper Savage Gear Sandeels and fiish black minnows catch well. If it's really snaggy and shallow try weedless and weightless soft plastics or top waters. I like the small patchinko but lots to choose from. All about finding the fish though. I would have thought it's still a bit early but I'm sure you're in with a chance on some marks

Thanks Davey, appreciate the advice, the weedless/weightless fishing is not something I’ve done much of, probably why I lose so many lures :D
i had a few savage gear Sandeels, lost them all, had some good pollock on them and probably my best ever wrasse, the wrasse absolutely hammered the lure about a foot out as I was lifting it up to recast :D definitely need to pick a few of them up again.
Greendag
SAI Bait Ball

Postby daveyboy » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:41 pm

I know what you mean. Tricky to have confidence in them but if there are fish in close and it's shallow and snaggy they are great...sluggos, i-shads etc.

For this message the author daveyboy has received thanks:
Greendag (Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:42 pm)
daveyboy
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 79 times

Return to Lure Fishing