Favourite way to catch Bass

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:06 pm

I think I prefer to catch them on soft plastics, theres not much weight at the end of your line and they really hit hard, I also love surface lures( patchinko and sammy) when you can see them splash and hit your lure, the rush you get is brilliant. I have never got one on a chugbug, thats one of my next targets.

Re: Favourite way to catch Bass

Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:00 am

Try a yoZuri Alie Mag surface popper. They're a blast.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:37 am

In my very limited experience I've only got them on shallow divers myself (feed shallow) although I did get one on a 10 gm Toby . Have tried unsuccessfully with the chug bug so am thinking of investing in a Patchinko or Sammy. Any tips on which colour/model is best?
Also Richie I see you've had some success with the slug go. Just wondering do you rig them weedless? I got some Ilex soft plastics and rigged them on weedless jig heads but havent had any joy so far.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:38 pm

Im still a fan of casting out into the surf with a lump of crab or a string of lug and waiting for the bang :D :D :D

Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:02 pm

dexs7 wrote:Im still a fan of casting out into the surf with a lump of crab or a string of lug and waiting for the bang :D :D :D

i've tried it recently down your way with a live sandeel - bang indeed!

Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:51 pm

daveyboy wrote:In my very limited experience I've only got them on shallow divers myself (feed shallow) although I did get one on a 10 gm Toby . Have tried unsuccessfully with the chug bug so am thinking of investing in a Patchinko or Sammy. Any tips on which colour/model is best?
Also Richie I see you've had some success with the slug go. Just wondering do you rig them weedless? I got some Ilex soft plastics and rigged them on weedless jig heads but havent had any joy so far.

I rig them weedless with an off set jighead, I also put a 3g soft shot on for extra bit of weight, seems to work have had a good few and lost none when they've taken.