SAISAC outing- July 16th -Cunnigar, Dungarvan

Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:46 am

Hi All
Having conferred with MAC the next shore outing is Sunday evening, July 16th at the Cunnigar, from about 6 pm on.

This is the day after the boat trip from Cobh, so arrange your weekend passes now...

The main quarry is BASS, but we won't say no to some gilt head breams :)
jd
Last edited by jd on Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Too late?

Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:41 pm

Am I too late to be a part of this? I can't make the boat trip because I may have an IBPAG (Irish Bass Protection & Awareness Group) meeting on Saturday the 15th to attend.

What do you mean by arrange the passes now?

You will have to excuse me but this is my first outing with the club.

Regards,
John D.

Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:49 pm

A weekend pass from the missus....get your permission slip signed :D

Oh I see!

Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:34 pm

Oh yeah. I understand now. Got ya!

Thanks.

I better start makin' the dinners and cleanin' up the house.

Cheers,
John D.

Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:07 am

I won't be on the boat on the Saturday. I would be in interested in putting a Lure only session together somewhere close by.

Any takers?

Kev

Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:31 pm

Won't be doing the boat trip but will be there on Sunday, Mac I'd be up for some Plugging etc on the Sat, I'm sure coaster would be too.

Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:31 am

I'll be there on Sunday, and am working on joining you on Saturday too Kev.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:16 pm

Hey hey, just back from Vegas so I'ma bit late onto this. I'll deffo make cunnigar and would love to fish the boat too if it isn't full yet.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:27 pm

I think it is just 3 from the club have confirmed,+2 others.

jd

Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:43 pm

John,

I will make Cunnigar but not sure yet about Cobh. I am low in brownie points at the moment so DIY jobs are high on the list along with the gardens, the kids, the shopping, the holidays arrrrghhh.

Donal.

Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:10 am

Mac/Coaster - are you guys still thinking of a session on the Saturday? Anyone else interested in tagging along?

Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:11 am

Sorry - that should read Mac/KStaff....!

Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:10 am

Hi Steve,

I think Coaster and KStaff are on for a plugging session. I'll be there with my buddy Aidan as well. I'll give Coaster a bell and see if he's got any idea's for a good spot.

Kev

Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:06 pm

grand so. Are you guys hanging around over night?

Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:15 am

I'm there for the weekend Steve. Hoping to talk the missus into the trip as well. Looking for some Capming at the moment. My local spot just outside Tramore was booked out.

Kev

Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:06 pm

The UK Met office are forecasting the Azores High will build again next week..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthre ... 2054958003

Could be v. nice weather that weekend..

Cunnigar trip

Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:24 am

SAISAC member's

A new forum member so again hi to all
I've recently moved down here and started back sea fishing. Been doin a bit surf , spinning, plugging and boating.
I would love to tag along with ye on Sun eve as I am still a novice on the sea.
Having previuosly lived in the midlands I come from the Trout and Pike fratertinity. Do I need to be a club member etc.

Thanks
novice sea angler

Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Hi Ferg,

welcome to the Bible!! You are more than welcome to join us on either Saturday Plugging or Sunday Bassing in Cunnigar, I'm sure anyone attending will be more than happy to help in anyway we can,

For anyone intending on Plugging on Saturday can I suggest a meeting point of Tramore prom and go from there, open to corrcetion or further suggestion,

Regards,

kstaff!

Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:46 pm

Hey all,

What time we meeting at Cunnigar at, hopefully Cortaz can show us how it's done 8)

Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:21 pm

Hi Guys,

Just a quick note on the Cunnigar. Chest Waders are a must. (you can wet wade if your hard enough :lol: ) You will need a light rod as the max weight you will be casting will be 2oz maybe 3 if there is some wind. Have the light beach casters ready for the end of the session when you will be pushed back onto the bank and might want some extra distance. You will be casting 4 to 5oz then. Think "fishing light" You will be fishing in the water up to your knees with water all around you :shock: and behind you for about 200 plus yards. :shock: Think of it like the florida flats only deeper and getting deeper as the tide pushes. You have to be careful for depressions in the sand when retreating, as you can ofter be chest high in water. If you can't swim think about a manual opening life jacket. I will double check the tides and post a meeting time tomorrow. I look forward to meeting you guys.

Kev