Sea Angling Ireland SAC Master Angler 2011 Venues

Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:20 pm

Jan 8th Courtown 1 - 6pm

Feb 19th Cheekpoint 11- 3pm

May 28th Greystones 1 - 6pm

August 13 - 14th Kerry "Double Header" Venues TBA closer to time.

September 10th Trawee (Sligo) 5 - 10pm

Nov 26th Slob Bank 2.30 - 7.30pm

You can join SAISAC by going to

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/joinSAC.html

I hope to be at the RNLI fundraising Open at Courtown on January 2nd and will take membership then if you want.

Please PM me with any questions.

Re: Sea Angling Ireland SAC Master Angler 2011 Venues

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:09 pm

Excellent :) good job Seanie/JP :wink:

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:01 pm

No venues in the North?

Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:15 pm

Great venues lads, well done woop wooop!

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:54 pm

Nice list of venues. Looking forward to the double header already.

Donal.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:48 pm

a bit of a drive, but may make one or two of them, ps jd payment sent

Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:04 pm

Good Stuff!
I for one can't wait.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:23 pm

Hey
Does the venues reflect the fact that all the anglers fishing tend to come from the area selected?
Also to encourage anglers to come from afar (north) would it not be better to have these matches over a six hour period instead of four hours(?).

Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:21 pm

Floater wrote:Hey
Does the venues reflect the fact that all the anglers fishing tend to come from the area selected?
Also to encourage anglers to come from afar (north) would it not be better to have these matches over a six hour period instead of four hours(?).

The venues are picked on the chance of best fishing and are prob the most productive venue's about. Anglers come from all over the country although the majority are leinster and Munster. 5 hrs is the norm why would 6 be better?

Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Six hours would be better because any Northern Ireland angler like myself needs to travel and stay overnight.
£60.00 deisel
£30.00 Bed and Breakfast
Food and drink £50.00
Entry bait and sundries £40.00
Conservative estimate £180.00 for four hours fishing which equals £45.00 an hour or about fifty two euro an hour.
You would not pay half that amount on the ridge pool in Ballina.
P.S. They fish six hours in competetive matches in England so it cant be that hard for anglers to do

Regards

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:31 pm

I think 5 hours is the norm. I think 6 hours is too much to be honest. I see where your coming from but we've gar comps in donegal and benone in the past and the same time applys.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:01 pm

Floater wrote:Six hours would be better because any Northern Ireland angler like myself needs to travel and stay overnight.
£60.00 deisel
£30.00 Bed and Breakfast
Food and drink £50.00
Entry bait and sundries £40.00
Conservative estimate £180.00 for four hours fishing which equals £45.00 an hour or about fifty two euro an hour.
You would not pay half that amount on the ridge pool in Ballina.
P.S. They fish six hours in competetive matches in England so it cant be that hard for anglers to do

Regards

Some comps are in leinster which doesn't require a long trip from the North I personally do a same day trip to most comps
Cork and galway all new roads :wink: the expense of the comps is up to yourself you can collect your own bait and and manage
how much you want to spend on food etc. This is an all Ireland club so one way or another its going be a long drive for some of us
Unfortunetly we dont have many members from the north but no doubt will be fishing venue's in the north in the futre only the weather stopped us from fishing benone last year. The Kerry weekend is a great weekend away and worth the expense. As far as six
hour comps I am not aware of any pegged matches in the uk running that long ( Maybe some rovers with weigh ins but we fish measure and release pegged matches). So its really up to yourself but I think 6 hrs is too long for a match ( i think 5 hrs is too long :) )

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Crap!!! Have a wedding the weekend of the Kerry comp :( :( :( :evil: :( :x :x

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:16 am

Why are you getting married when you are supposed to be in Kerry with the lads??

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:35 am

Or, tell the couple to move the wedding to Dingle and we'll all join you at the afters........

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:59 am

Don wrote:Or, tell the couple to move the wedding to Dingle and we'll all join you at the afters........

I considered it Don :twisted:

JP...I might see if I can head down the next day but seeing as though I will be in the middle of no-where and steaming drunk it's probably not possible SADFACE!

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:35 am

Rampent Wreckfish wrote:Why are you getting married when you are supposed to be in Kerry with the lads??

Brilliant..... Priorities, priorities.... :D

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:21 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Luckily it's not my wedding...unless yous all know something i dont :shock:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:30 pm

Just leave after the church.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:48 pm

DavidCostello wrote:Just leave after the church.

It's a Dowdall wedding Dave..What do ya think the chances of that happening are? The last one I lost the Keys to Aoifes Da's jeep in Clifden and couldn't speak for a week :lol: