Clogherhead

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Clogherhead

Postby daveyboy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:59 am

Looking for a spot to float fish for macks. Skerries based but the pier here is too jammers. Clogherhead any better?

For this message the author daveyboy has received thanks:
eoghanb (Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:14 am)
daveyboy
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 79 times

Re: Clogherhead

Postby spandito » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:53 pm

I have a small boat moored in clogherhead and I can tell you the fishing is non existent. Apart from small mackerel which don’t show until later August you be lucky to catch a small pollock. That’s about it. Beach is no better. I think most people on here will agree that your wasting your time going anywhere north of Howth and don’t get me started on that. Seriously though Dun Laoghaire for mackerel. Further south if you want to do some real fishing. Would love to hear what other people have to say though, especially around clogherhead as I’d love if I could fish it more regularly. Just find it’s a waste of time.....
spandito
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 16 times

Postby daveyboy » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:08 pm

Cheers for the honest reply. Might have saved me some money on petrol! In fairness Dun Laoghaire piers are huge so hard to compete I suppose but yeah fishing does seem better on the South side in general.
daveyboy
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby eoghanb » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:21 am

daveyboy wrote:Looking for a spot to float fish for macks. Skerries based but the pier here is too jammers. Clogherhead any better?

If you go to the right of the swimming place on red island,you will see a large rock directly across from colt island.go there at low tide and cast into the channel .ive always had Mack’s there ,leave the lunatics on the pier it gets redicilous and dangerous there ,I’ve seen lads fishing there with massive floppy lidl rods complete with 12 feather rigs and a pirk on the end with the pier packed,that was the last time I fished ther

For this message the author eoghanb has received thanks:
corbyeire (Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:33 am)
eoghanb
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 336 times

Postby daveyboy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:42 pm

Thanks Eoghan. I know where you mean. Will give it a go. Fair play.
daveyboy
SAI Sea Dog!

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum