ANGLING CLUBS BELFAST?

Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:55 pm

Does anyone know of any angling clubs in belfast who have there boks open for begginers to join. Contact details etc? It would be most appreciated if someone could take the time to let me know

Thanks

Stephen

Angling clubs

Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:05 pm

Hello Hairyconger,

I left a post for you on the next link up about learning to cast if you're still interested. Give McKee's Tackle in Bangor a ring. They can give you the name and number of the man that teaches casting. He lives in Bangor.

As for Belfast angling clubs, there are several in and around the Belfast area. Not being from the region I have no contacts but several of the Belfast tackle shops do. Afterall, they have to get their tackle and bait from somewhere.

Alister of Tight Lines, Richard Johnston and Dennis Woolsey have all been around for years and could put you in touch with the right people. Their phone numbers are in the book. Belfast Angling Supplies is fairly new but he knows loads of people as does Mark from the Shore Road. Carrickfergus and Glengormley also have clubs you could check out.

As you have access to the internet there is a wealth of information on Irish angling / tackle shops / clubs etc. It can take a little wading through but most of it is there. Bring up Google and do a search for N. Ireland Angling Clubs.

Good luck and if you do take a lesson from "Bangor Man" stick a post up and let us all know how you got on. He turned my casting around.