2nd forum meet for north anglers.

Looking to organise an infomal meet?
Got a spare seat available on a boat...

Moderators: corbyeire, jw, saltydog

2nd forum meet for north anglers.

Postby pookie5488 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:55 am

Hi all as i said leave ideas and times that suit. We will try get it so we all fish the same time. Work got in the road this time. It was nice to put face to name but would like to fish with you all and not just say hi. Learnt a few things for k2 so come on help me again.

cheers
pookie5488
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby shockleader50 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:33 pm

Hi Pookie,Hopefully we can arrange a date and time soon that suits most people.Maybe one of the beaches e,g,Waterfoot or Cushendun?This would give some comfortable fishing areas and an opportunity to watch and learn from each other.I was involved with tournament casting for a few years so i can teach some of the basics of casting if required.And hey K2 im sure we can arrange a lift for you.Don't want you to miss all the fun and games.
shockleader50
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 0 time

2nd

Postby pookie » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:44 pm

sounds the ticket and casting as with all new starts is my big problem. So cant wait for tips on that. And of a beach the best for myself. My only problem is time as in the hour of the day we fish Does anyone have a problem with a night fish. If you leave dates and times i can play with it all. K2 and a lift is great nice one shockleader.
pookie

2nd meet

Postby pookie5488 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:51 am

My dates i can fish are as follows. Please see if any of these dates suit. If not let me know i can play with some.

22/11/04 after 3pm
23/11/04 all day
24/11/04 all day
02/12/04 after 3pm
03/12/04 all day
04/12/04 all day
05/12/04 all day

As i said i would love to get together on one of these dates and fish a good beach. So please let me know.
cheers
pookie5488
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby Drew » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:39 pm

Well lads, I'm easy for the next one...
I'll just go with the Flow!
Going to Ballycastle this Monday, Skate fishing with Sean McKay.
Anybody Jealous??
Don't worry, I'll bring Pics back.... :) :lol: :D :) 8) :P
2015 Lure: Pollack, Herring, Whiting, Sand Goby, Poor Cod, Pouting

42 Species to beat 2011 & 2014
Drew
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 101 times

Postby Ronald » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:58 pm

if someone sets a date i'll work round that might have to work some of the coming weekends ,so cant really say for certain if i can make it ,dont have a car myself so would have to rely on lifts etc.
what about some of the rock marks that you can fish onto clean ground ?means that some of the fluff chuckers could come along and fish for the pollack and coalies ,plus you dont end up with sand in your sarnies !! :D
Ronald
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 9 times

Postby Drew » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:31 pm

Thinking of anywhere in particular Ronald??

Drew
SAI Megalodon!

2nd meet

Postby pookie » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:20 pm

OK RONALD YOU PIC THE MARK I WILL SORT THE DATE AND LIFT. WERE DO YOU COME FROM SO I CAN SORT THE LIFT. THE MARK IS UP TO YOU REMEMBER I NEED CLEAN GROUND AND FISH AT MY FEET LOL ANYTHING ELSE IT IS ALL YOURS. LEAVE IDEAS OF WERE.
pookie

Postby Drew » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:20 am

We all know why Pooks wants a Clean ground Mark :wink:
Something about Bangor pier and 4 traces.... Laffin :P

Drew
SAI Megalodon!

Postby pookie » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:43 am

may have something to do with that...i say maybe. Any ideas on the mark to fish yet lads. let me know so i can read up on it.

Also anyone interested in this trip please leave a note if you have room in your car for a passanger so i can sort this for the non drivers.

At moment i have space for 1 posible 2. depending on the kit you take with you. let me know on both mark and transport.
pookie

Postby Ronald » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:17 pm

Was thinking of somewhere around portrush ,maybe blue pool area ,sand is only 30 yards from rock edge and kelp directly in front at your feet ,fishes well for flatties and whiting with the chance of the odd codling .it also means the swff guys can come along and fish for the pollack and coalies with chance of the odd sea trout .
if the weather is bad you can normally find somewhere to fish around the area even the harbour can be fished if needs be ,good tackle shop handy as well in case anyone needs extra traces or weights . :lol: :lol:
Ronald

Postby Drew » Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:37 pm

Now that would be somewhere to try!!! Need to have info 1 week in advance though, Yanno, To Order worms, and make sure somebody can keep my stool warm in the bar...

Drew
SAI Megalodon!

Postby pookie » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:38 am

sounds good have a look at the dates i sent to you all and check tides and give me a rough date i can see if i can sort transport for us all. cheers
pookie

dates

Postby pookie » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:31 pm

is anyone up for a night fish on the 2nd 3rd 4th or 5th of dec. iam talking a tide say 4 or 5 in the morning or earlier if it suits let me know. I can arrange some transport. iam looking a good tide about then so let me know i want to try this night lark to see if it any better. come on soom adventure left in you. Iam new to this so still full off it. there is 2 interested so far good to get a few more.
pookie

were you all go

Postby pookie » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:36 pm

Well anyone ideas on time for trip now we have place ....talk to me
pookie

Postby shockleader50 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:54 pm

I am keeping a low profile at the minute ,as due to work patterns the only date that suits me over that weekend is Sunday the 5th.So come on guys let's know what date suits the majority so that we can plan accordingly. P.S. As for lifts i can take two passengers if needed.
shockleader50
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:11 pm

Anyone up for trying Flounder Bashing on Ballyholme beach in Bangor??
Not sure if there are any there at this time of year, So a bit of Local knowledge would be required.... RONALD?!?!?!?

hi

Postby pookie » Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:01 pm

5th is good for me at moment. anytime suit you better.
as for flounder near bye go to helens bay to the right of the rocks as if going around the corner to grawfordsburn is the spot. need rag and loads of spoons. Got this tip from a tackle shop how reliable well dont know. May be of too bangor tomorrow night not sure time but after 5pm for sure. let you know tomorrow i will leave a note here.
pookie

Postby K2 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:04 am

Fished the Dee Tonight, Absolutely Master McGrath Tripe.
K2

Postby Ronald » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:23 am

will prob see you down pier later pookie ,heading down that direction myself tonight for a couple of hours .
Ronald

Next

Return to Meets, Buddys & Seats