Century Dealers in Ireland?

At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!

Moderators: Seaniebo, corbyeire

Century Dealers in Ireland?

Postby Dave F » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:11 pm

Any dealers carry an actual stock of Century rods in Ireland? I'm willing to travel wherever really to get hands on before looking at making a decision.
Dave F
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 87 times

Re: Century Dealers in Ireland?

Postby kstaff » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:36 am

Very few if any Dave most of the newer Century models come in direct from the UK where shops have a bigger audience than those here.
Plus they are a hi end rod and proably costly for dealers to carry a full range.
Blue n White is the new Black!!!
kstaff
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 308 times

Postby ste c » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:59 pm

Nowere stocks them but will order them in i could never get my head around it over the years as its nice to feel what your buying
ste c
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 323 times

Postby SiDtheFish » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:17 pm

Dave
Try a local match. The guys down here seem to use century a lot. As for buying, a certain scottish angling superstore will send post free to Ireland on any order over £150, which is less than any century rod (might get some coasters though!). The finish on the century rods is beyond reproach. I have several, including two that have been regularly used for over 25yrs, on rocks and beaches, and all come up as new after a wash. Ok, some of the rings are losing their black finish and have dented cages. None of the wippings have let in a drop of water (they really are as new) and the blanks, though scratched, are still shiny
SiDtheFish
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 12 times

Return to Tackle Reviews by Sea Anglers