Fixed Spool Reel

At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!

Moderators: Seaniebo, corbyeire

Fixed Spool Reel

Postby Deleted User 12130 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:41 am

Hey,

I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I recently dropped my Mitchell Advocet 5500 Free Spool reel on the tarmac in the carpark which made bits of the handle and bent the bail arm. I am in the market for a new reel of the same capacity (around the 200m mark of .30 mono) as it will only be ever used when fishing off the rocks with feathers or sidewinders and i am a bit lost. I have been looking at Mitchell, Abu Garcia, Daiwa, Penn and am being bogged down in information. I was wondering if you guys could help me narrow my choices to a sturdy, strong and durable reel that can take a knock or two and give me your experiences with some of these brands and if you think they are worth the money. I really appreciate your help and your time,
Thanks,
Colin
Deleted User 12130

Re: Fixed Spool Reel

Postby kenf41 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:58 am

Hi . I was in the same boat. I was looking at shimano and a few others you mentioned. I ended up buying a penn fierce 11 simply cause the shop had a second hand one for €45 which swung it for me and I'mvery happy with it. I send you a PM that I got from another angler on here

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk
kenf41
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 90 times

Postby Teegerstk » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:43 pm

I've heard good things about Daiwa Ninja Reels
2019 species: codling, whiting, flounder, dab, dogfish, spurdog, sole, smooth hound, bass
2020 species: codling, dab, whiting, flounder, dogfish, turbot, smooth hound, bass
2021 species: flounder, black goby, dogfish, smooth hound
2022 species: dogfish, smooth hound
2023 species: flounder
2024 species: dab
Teegerstk
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 226 times

Postby FK » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:57 pm

Have a Mitchell >15 years still working great

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
FK