Berkley Nanofil

Fri May 18, 2012 12:44 pm

Looks like 0.2mm 28lb breaking strain is now available.

Sounds too good ?

http://www.tacklebox.co.uk/lines/braids ... -270m.html

Re: Berkley Nanofil

Fri May 18, 2012 1:13 pm

From what I have seen of this line so far all I can say is I will not be using it. I performed a very simple test on a spool. Wrap each end around a piece of broom handle and pull until the line breaks. I tested 20lb nanofill if I remember correctly. It broke very easily in the middle. This was tested on about a 6 foot lenght of line and I tested a few times as I could not believe the results... :shock: . I would guess that it broke well below 10lb of pressure... it snapped quite easily to be honest. The line looks great, but it's doesn't appear to be up to the job from what I have seen.

Kev

Fri May 18, 2012 1:20 pm

I have been using .13 - 6.93kg Nanofil for a while. I have found it to be "grand", nothing too spectacular but "grand".
I feel that it needs to be at a better price point for anglers to switch to it.
I use Strikewire from StrikePro and think it is the bees knees. The average "super braid" is thinner diameter for braking strain than Nanofil and the price difference has me sticking to my braid. I suppose it will surely come down in price at some point.

Fri May 18, 2012 1:39 pm

It's expensive stuff to buy more to test..... :mrgreen:

Thu May 31, 2012 7:41 pm

he didnt mention how to fish with it without using a knot :lol: i take it its knot strenght is poor judging by the way he all but implies you had better double your normal breaking strain :?: too feckin pricey for me :!:

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:59 am

The knot strength is fine. The problem is that the stuff is so slippery. There are specific knots to use and once you use these there are no problems.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:02 pm

when you say slippery is it like braid to knot :?:

Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:25 pm

roger de dodger wrote:when you say slippery is it like braid to knot :?:

Even more slippery than braid!

Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:21 am

:shock:

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:05 am

roger de dodger wrote::shock:

It is not as bad as it sounds :)
I asked Pure Fishing to give me some samples in various sizes that I could give to anglers that fish in various ways - beach fishing- lure fishing- boat fishing etc. and then I could do a decent review of the stuff. I was impressed by the line and felt it had potential-especially if it was priced "right". It never arrived. Pity. At some stage it will fall in price and then people will start to use it. But for now i stick to the braid i'm used to.