ebay cree headlamp

Sun May 15, 2011 11:05 am

my silva L1 finally gave up its will to live and despite major surgery couldnt be saved :evil: i bought a cheap light for a 5er from a texaco station that was like a candle :| decided no more big bucks on headlamps and ordered a cree headlight off ebay it takes three aaa batteries ,i got a pack of 1000amh ones in lidle for a 5er ,the light itself is light to wear and the beam can be turned from flood to spot ,all i can say is for a total of about 10 euro including delivery you wont find a better headlight for that money as far as i,m aware it uses the same light chip as the lenser h7 a 5watt chip ,as for water resistence i dont think it would withstand more than light rain so if i,m fishing in a downpour its gonna be under my hood !! i,ve done two sessions with it so far and the batteries are just starting to show drain on high power. low setting is all you need for fishing and baiting up saving high power for rockhopping and blinding foxes :lol: the flashing mode is like being at a rave so keep it away from anyone who suffers from epileptic fits!!!

Re: ebay cree headlamp

Sun May 15, 2011 2:50 pm

Got one Meself 2 months back, great value and it's the brightest head lamp I've ever came across. :wink:

Sun May 15, 2011 3:28 pm

i got one 2, its cheap and very bright, i also got rechargable batteries to go with it as when i tested it on high power the batteries only lasted about 8 or 10 hours but got them and a charger from B&M bargins so was only a couple of quid on top

i also notice they have gone down in price since i last bought one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-Mode-CREE-LED-Zoom-AAA-Headlight-Headlamp-Torch-Light-/120645115791?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Camping_LightsLanternsTorches&hash=item1c17025f8f

Sun May 15, 2011 8:54 pm

hi Roger,
i got this one a couple of weeks back as a back up to my silva L1
http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... K:MEWNX:IT

its bright, very bright!!! and only takes one battery!! don't know how long it lasts, haven't yet tested it on a night out, but with shipping its still better than the cheapo garage headlights, and its fairly sturdy material.. all metal!

Mon May 16, 2011 9:35 am

500 lumens :shock: :lol: if it is i,d say you could boil water with it too :lol: the one i got takes 3AAA its all one unit like yours no wires :twisted: how long did it take to arrive?

Mon May 16, 2011 1:58 pm

stevecrow74 wrote:hi Roger,
i got this one a couple of weeks back as a back up to my silva L1
http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... K:MEWNX:IT

its bright, very bright!!! and only takes one battery!! don't know how long it lasts, haven't yet tested it on a night out, but with shipping its still better than the cheapo garage headlights, and its fairly sturdy material.. all metal!

Looks nice Steve, but I doubt it's 500lm. It might not be a true Cree LED. Most Cree LED's run at 3.5v + input voltage, so you'd nedd 3 x AA/AAA minimum.

I do like the construction though. From a light point of view how does it compare to the Silva side by side? If my memory serves me right, I think the Silva is a 3 Watt Luxeon LED. (old school by todays LED's)

Kev

well

Mon May 16, 2011 4:44 pm

bought 2 different models of ebay (HK seller) both sold as 'Cree!'...and there ain't a Cree mark nor model reference to be seen!...however they are compact, very light one with zoom lens and both mega bright...WoW...well happy for 6quid and that included postage... :D

feck done it again...this was reply to

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34428

ooops!

Mon May 16, 2011 11:02 pm

well lads the headlights look great but tell me what is the lux level...(Sparks only) ha ha but really are they good...

Tue May 17, 2011 10:03 am

better than my l1 silva lighter smaller and the one i got has no wires from a battery pack most headlights that go wonkey are due to wires wearing and causing poor connections as they are so cheap i dont think the ones with wires will last as long as the ones with the batteries in the head peice ? i,d rate them at about 150 -170 lumens very impressive light for a tenner delivered :wink:

Tue May 17, 2011 11:23 am

roger de dodger wrote:better than my l1 silva lighter smaller and the one i got has no wires from a battery pack most headlights that go wonkey are due to wires wearing and causing poor connections as they are so cheap i dont think the ones with wires will last as long as the ones with the batteries in the head peice ? i,d rate them at about 150 -170 lumens very impressive light for a tenner delivered :wink:

Sounds good roger... I'll pick one up as a backup to my L1. Another question, how do you find it to wear? I would be worried about all the weight being at the front of the head?? The one thing I like about the Silva L1 is that the batteries are distributed evenly and the back and this makes it comfortable to wear.

Thanks for the info.

Kev

Wed May 18, 2011 5:08 pm

Have one myself for a couple of months as well lads.if ordering online make sure you can see that it is a Cree (my one has Cree written on a black and red headband) as there are others which are very bad light and claim to be 300 lm also.As for the weight being ditributed evenly ......the only weight is the three AAA batteries and that's bearable enough :wink: So far I've found the head band is a little flimsy but apart from that, for a tenner delivered I couldn't complain :D

Fri May 20, 2011 9:21 am

MAC wrote:
roger de dodger wrote:better than my l1 silva lighter smaller and the one i got has no wires from a battery pack most headlights that go wonkey are due to wires wearing and causing poor connections as they are so cheap i dont think the ones with wires will last as long as the ones with the batteries in the head peice ? i,d rate them at about 150 -170 lumens very impressive light for a tenner delivered :wink:

Sounds good roger... I'll pick one up as a backup to my L1. Another question, how do you find it to wear? I would be worried about all the weight being at the front of the head?? The one thing I like about the Silva L1 is that the batteries are distributed evenly and the back and this makes it comfortable to wear.

Thanks for the info.

Kev

ok tested it next to a lenser h7 and its almost identical in brightness and in spot slightly longer throw of light. the lenser has a better reflector inside the lense ,like all gadgets on ebay its buyer beware as for quality and item description, nowhere on my light has cree written on it but for a tenner i,m not to fussed :lol: its grand to wear a lot lighter than an l1
you can get them with a battery pack on the back of the headband like the h7 if your worried about it being unbalanced kev :wink: (i think you will end up using your l1 as a backup :lol: )

Fri May 20, 2011 3:40 pm

i got mine from ebay there the other day. has great light and for 8 euro with delivery you cant really complain.u also dont have to worry about damaging it,cause if you do yoou can just buy another one for 8 euro.

Tue May 24, 2011 2:53 pm

roger de dodger wrote:ok tested it next to a lenser h7 and its almost identical in brightness and in spot slightly longer throw of light. the lenser has a better reflector inside the lense ,like all gadgets on ebay its buyer beware as for quality and item description, nowhere on my light has cree written on it but for a tenner i,m not to fussed :lol: its grand to wear a lot lighter than an l1
you can get them with a battery pack on the back of the headband like the h7 if your worried about it being unbalanced kev :wink: (i think you will end up using your l1 as a backup :lol: )

Nice one Roger.... I'm a very unballanced person, the the light might help :lol: Thanks for taking the time to test them.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Just ordered one of these on the strength of the reports here, can't see if it has Cree on the headband or not from the photo, but for £7.99 I'm not bothered, claims to be 300lm also, but we'll see .It does say it's in it's original packaging. Last time I ordered something from Hong Kong it took 2 weeks to arrive, I only saw one on offer from a UK company, but it was one with the battery pack at the rear. Fingers crossed!!!