Fantastic New Waders!!!

Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:28 pm

Hi All,

Fantastic new product for all Anglers, looks like the days of buying new waders every year are well and truly over!

Custom built to your exact requirements and a choice of material and styles! Check out the site below

http://www.bassboots.co.uk/

Re: Fantastic New Waders!!!

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:22 pm

ZOOLANDER SPOTS ANOTHER MUST HAVE ON THE MATCH SCENE

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:15 pm

Have a pair on order... seen them in the UK a few months back.

Tested them with filleting knives , screw drivers etc.
We were handed a piece of the material with a purpose tear in it . No one had the strength to rip it further !

The best way to describe the material for those who not seen them would be a very light version of a car seat belt.

Last pair ill have to buy,

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:09 pm

Labyrinthfish wrote:Have a pair on order... seen them in the UK a few months back.

Tested them with filleting knives , screw drivers etc.
We were handed a piece of the material with a purpose tear in it . No one had the strength to rip it further !

The best way to describe the material for those who not seen them would be a very light version of a car seat belt.

Last pair ill have to buy,

They look durable alright. What weight are they?, would they be comfortable for use when walking/hiking a few miles?

They sound good.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:19 am

Danny M. wrote:They look durable alright. What weight are they?, would they be comfortable for use when walking/hiking a few miles?

They sound good.

The Weight would depend alot on the boot you choose and material thickness etc

Regardless of that thou ,I tryed on 3 pairs and they are the lightest wader ive ever had on.

Quote from the bassboot site" Seven years ago I discovered a material so strong and lightweight which was also 100% waterproof so I decided to get some made for myself. I went to a seamstress and had a pair made. Since then I have walked hundreds of miles and sat on and skidded down many barnacle rocks. They have lasted so well and are as waterproof now as they were then.

I seen the first pair he made for himself 7 years ago first hand , apart from the usual scruffs you would expect from fishing they were
as good as the new ones on display.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:56 am

Nice one Kstaff. Whats the shipping costs? Are there any Irish dealers stocking them?

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:28 pm

Anyone got a rough idea of costs? They look really good.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:43 pm

All info on the site, I called and spoke to Malcolm, really nice guu and very helpful.

Fantastic New Waders!!!

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:33 pm

Start off at 200sterling, I'd say they're well worth it, thanks Keith

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:08 pm

Sick, I just ordered a new pair if oceans to replace the ones I bought a year ago! Keep the reviews coming on them, or better yet let Fintan try them on for an hour!!

Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:34 am

Jayball10 wrote:Nice one Kstaff. Whats the shipping costs? Are there any Irish dealers stocking them?

I don't think the shops will be stocking them due to the fact that they are made to measure.
I ordered a pair a few weeks ago and they should be here this week.
They might look expensive but if they are as good as they claim you might never have to buy waders again.
I will put up a post after I put them through their paces,which shouldn't take long I go through at least 2 pairs every year and at a cost of 70 to 90 euros a pair it wont take long before I'm saving money.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:24 pm

Looked thru website and could see no mention of a guarantee let alone one for several years. I'm I the only sceptic?

Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:59 pm

Non breathable so boil in the bag if you walk any distance id say and no decent studded boot/sole options for grip or laceups to support you ankles for £200 - no ta...

M

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:42 pm

mabey best to reserve judgement on them until the lads who ordered them get a summer and winter out of them :wink: anything else is just speculation. but i must admitt, over the last four years i must have bought 4 pairs with varied success with everything from decent to utter crap. easily £300 down the drain. so if they do what they say they will. £200 starting price is a wise investment indeed :)

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:22 pm

had a pair of RT neoprenes for years, done my job fine! also now have breathable greys grxi and boots, cheap too. look after them they all last long enough i find.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:45 pm

i have yet to see any waders to withstand crab tyres covered in barnacles and mussel shells. I found oceans good but not indestructible and at 100 euro fairly expensive. I don't like the boot choice on the bass boots but if the material is that strong they must be good value.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:55 pm

I have seen these waders and they do look impresive, the material is super strong and light.Those crab tyres dont have a chance :wink:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:13 pm

alby wrote:Sick, I just ordered a new pair if oceans to replace the ones I bought a year ago! Keep the reviews coming on them, or better yet let Fintan try them on for an hour!!

ha fing ha . but its a fact i barley get a year out of a pair must look in to these

Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:19 pm

croppyboy wrote:
alby wrote:Sick, I just ordered a new pair if oceans to replace the ones I bought a year ago! Keep the reviews coming on them, or better yet let Fintan try them on for an hour!!

ha fing ha . but its a fact i barley get a year out of a pair must look in to these

you be f ing lucky if ya got a year out of a calender :lol:

Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:45 pm

:lol: Class Denis