46 Sharks for the week

Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:15 pm

People:Me and Ciaran first trip , me Mossy and Early , second trip , and third trip Dougie , Terry and myself.

Duration:Three days , Sunday 5 HRS , Tuesday 14 HRS , Wednesday 6 HRS

Tide:

Weather: Very fine

Bait:Mackeral

Rigs:Shark Rigs

Results:15 sharks sunday , 20 sharks tuesday , and 11 sharks wednesday.

Report:Great weeks fishing 46 blues in total for the week , best Tuesday with twenty fish and lost two, one huge fish on for forty minutes just hung deep couldnt budge him , then after a big head shake hook pulled , absolutly gutted , think it may have been a porgy , the classic " one that got away", Anyway forecasts good for the week ahead so might get a few more.

Re: 46 Sharks for the week

Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:56 pm

That's some fishing Kieran

Well done man 8)

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Thanks, Did you get out after them anymore?

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:45 pm

kieranring wrote:Thanks, Did you get out after them anymore?

Hi Kieran

I go out twice after we last chatted, First time I had the onion bag hanging over the side with the mashed up mackerel / Bran / sardine and cod liver oil + 3lts of congealed lambs blood,

it was in the water for just under an hour when I looked over to see my mate getting violently sick for the 3rd time, he really looked like he was on the way out so I had to sack the trip and get him home :evil: :evil:

Needless to say but he is sacked :) next time I had another chap with me we decided to fish for different species before going for the blue and he loved it (first time out) I gave the shark another blast but I could see he was getting bored so I gave up again and decided to go back to the spot where we got another few fish to keep him happy,

great couple of trips but no shark.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:02 pm

46 Sharks.................THAT"S SOME FISHING :!: :!:

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:00 pm

Thanks Stan, ya its good fishing at the moment. I was reading your report about being out with Peter Manning on tuesday and was suprised with the amount of sharks ye got , I was just a few miles east of ye and we had our first fish after about twenty minutes and it was pretty much fish after fish from then on, and I was fishing 8 miles south east of Ballycotton on sunday and had 15 sharks in about five hours again only waiting a very short time fot the first one , and fishing one rod for most of the day due to double hook ups . Lost three rubby dubby bags from sharks taking them at the side of the boat, I'm using a plastic bucket now with holes drilled in it , its working and the seem to be unable to ge a grip on it as it has been attacked several times all in all , lots of sharks out there.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:55 am

Hi Kieran, I suppose a few miles can sometimes make a difference. Maybe different gear might also help. Hope to get out in my own boat to try for more blues if the wind dies down. Tight lines

Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:16 am

That's great fishing Lads well done

Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:38 pm

Be careful washing your hands over the side there.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:31 pm

True lol