Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:38 am

People: Me & Moody Marlin

Duration: 3 hours

Tide: ebb

Weather: Couldn't have been better

Bait: Mackerel

Rigs:

Results: Tope Dogs Mackerel

Report: Having been out of the country for the last couple of weeks, and hearing reports of a heatwave, I was itching to get back and get out fishing. We launched this evening in perfect conditions and headed straight to the area where I'd picked up a couple of bass just before I'd left a couple of weeks back. We tried for a bit but it resulted in just a single Mackerel. So we headed out a little further and anchored up. It was pretty slow but we managed a couple of small tope and a few dogs. Some friends were anchored a short distance away and managed 2 better Tope and a few full strings of Mackerel. An achievement in itself given how scarce they are.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cahore 17 July

Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:06 am

Top man Rob

Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:34 am

Nice Fishing Rob

Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:25 pm

Nice to hear of a few macs being caught and lovely tope well done, I hope to get out to cahore on my friends boat soon:)

Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:10 pm

To be honest I thought we would do better last night but it was so nice to be out, flat calm sea and 20+ degrees. I thought I should spread the word that there was some Mackerel about too. The sea was alive with bait too, shoals of sprat everywhere!

Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:43 pm

nice going Rob, the sea looks like glass 8)

Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:51 pm

good to hear of some macks down that way normally very hit and miss down there, plenty up this way last couple of evenings 60 last night and 50 night before :D

Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Are you going out tonight John? Think I'm launching from Bulloch with the missus!

Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:23 pm

Yeah, even tho the fish didn't exactly play ball, it was beautiful out there last night. Thanks again Rob :)