Tope Antics off greystones

Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:32 am

Blocking high, warm light breeze, 30 degrees, I fancy a spot of tope fishing, http://www.anirishanglersworld.com/inde ... reystones/.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Tope Antics off greystones

Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Well done Ashley, she is a big girl judging by the other pic on your site

Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:28 am

She was Donal, close to forty, very heavy around the shoulders. Mackerel were very scarce and that limited our session, although we still managed four runs, two hook ups, and one lost fish due to a crimp failing.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:25 pm

Ashley Hayden wrote:She was Donal, close to forty, very heavy around the shoulders. Mackerel were very scarce and that limited our session, although we still managed four runs, two hook ups, and one lost fish due to a crimp failing.

todays evening hearald reported a shole of tope ,30 to 40 fish stranded in shallow water in rush.think there finding it hard to find mackeral too :cry:

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:28 pm

knightser wrote:
Ashley Hayden wrote:She was Donal, close to forty, very heavy around the shoulders. Mackerel were very scarce and that limited our session, although we still managed four runs, two hook ups, and one lost fish due to a crimp failing.

todays evening hearald reported a shole of tope ,30 to 40 fish stranded in shallow water in rush.think there finding it hard to find mackeral too :cry:

they were hounds trapped in the shallows, plenty of mackerel today had 50 in the boat earlier :wink: 8)

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:39 pm

[/quote]
they were hounds trapped in the shallows, plenty of mackerel today had 50 in the boat earlier :wink: 8)[/quote]

excellent

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:00 pm

dbrock wrote:

they were hounds trapped in the shallows, plenty of mackerel today had 50 in the boat earlier :wink: 8)[/quote]

excellent[/quote]
pictures on youtube look like small tope to me :?: :P

Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:18 am

One swallow doesn't make a summer, http://www.anirishanglersworld.com/inde ... -and-tope/, six days later with three anglers this time four mackerel plus one or two stragglers through the day". QUOTE.

On the same evening a mackerel fishing event organised by one of the Bray angling clubs produced an average catch of 19 mackerel per person, excuse my cynicism but reason for celebration? Four drops of the feathers, sure we'll all go home now.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:24 pm

knightser wrote:
dbrock wrote:

they were hounds trapped in the shallows, plenty of mackerel today had 50 in the boat earlier :wink: 8)

excellent[/quote]
pictures on youtube look like small tope to me :?: :P[/quote]
looked like tope allright,
had plenty of mac in greystones on wed eve, first time this season ive seen a few :D