Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:07 pm

People:My self and Tim

Duration:7 hours

Tide:flood/ebb

Weather:overcast then patchey sunshine

Bait:rag macks crab lug

Rigs:various

Results:dogs whiting pollack codling dabs mack wrasse

Report:I had promised tim i would get him afloat for his first ever boat fishing session at some stage, so with perfect conditions forecast for saturday we headed out for a few hours, the plan was to bag up on a few macks as the place was alive with them last week but as you know when when you make plans they never work out after a lot of searching we only managed 1 mack :shock: and my launce marks were also dead not a good start.
so with the frozen stuff we had i headed for a mark that i had a couple of ray from last week,nothing other than dogs whiting and a couple of dabs for our efforts, not a great start to the day at all, and if i am to be honest the rest of the day was not very productive either we did manage a few more fish from the reefs pollack a few codling best to myself at 3lb and a few fat ballen wrasse the best also to me at about 3lbs 8)
fantastic day to be out on the boat in good company, and tim also managed to keep his stomach contents to himself for the duration, sure what more could i ask for :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Dublin Boat Marks (IMELDA) 19/10/12

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:42 pm

Nice weather and some good fish :P

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:52 pm

Nice to be getting out John . Nice cod

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:52 pm

anthony byrne wrote:Nice to be getting out John .

your right there tony, and i think every day out from now on will be a bonus :wink:
im going to be doing a bit more fishing in to darkness aswell :wink:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:06 pm

Looks like a brake on the weather on Saturday morning. Here's hoping to a nice cod