Wicklow - Kitt Dunne

Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:50 pm

we had another great day out with Kitt Dunne. two specimen Spurdogs landed the biggest being 18 lb 10 ounces.

click into wicklow Charter boats web site or facebook page for some pics if your interested.

http://wicklowboatcharters.ie/

Re: Wicklow - Kitt Dunne

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Is this an advertisement?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Not an advert.
I will admit it is not the greatest of reports though.
Samo might expand a bit on his report.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:55 am

Not an advert Donal we had a great days fishing just taught id let a few people know we landed two specimen Spurdogs. so if you were thinking of heading out for them they are there.

link was put up because i aint got any pictures however they are up on Kitt Dunnes Web Site.

also if anglers were interest in fishing for them and do not have a boat it directs them towards a great service.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:26 am

Donal, here are some of the pictures i took fom Kit Dunnes facebook page of the Spurdogs

http://www.facebook.com/WicklowBoatChar ... eam?ref=ts

regards

Mick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:49 pm

they're nice and fat dogs!! good catch

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:54 pm

We are booked with Kit for November 11th - can't wait for it. We had 1 specimen Spur last year with him just after he got the boat.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:38 pm

Hope yous have a good day have a look at the tide before yous head out we had a very strong tide running which limited the fishing a little but if yous are fishing a slack tide yous should be fine. fresh herring seemed to be the best bait on the day.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:42 pm

some very nice fish lads.
what dept of water were you fishing in eric.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi John,

i think it dropped off to around 40 was pretty deep but we could only fish it for around two hours because of the run.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:23 pm

cheers eric, 40m is only about 130ft not realy deep, i was out at one of my old shallow spur marks 260ft last week and not a sniff :? I will have to try harder :mrgreen:

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:27 pm

samo wrote:Hi John,

we could only fish it for around two hours because of the run.

try using leads up to 4lb thats about the heaviest you will need out there :wink:
if you havent got big leads cable ties are your friend's :D

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:37 pm

we were using around a pound and a half but with the strong run it was like reeling in a whale haha.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:19 pm

great pics there lads. cracking fish! 8)

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:27 am

Id love to see the photo of the 18lber?

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:00 pm

PaddyB wrote:Id love to see the photo of the 18lber?

I'd say its the one in the last pic

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:00 pm

PaddyB wrote:Id love to see the photo of the 18lber?

I'd say its the one in the last pic

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Ye its the one in the last photo 18 lb 10 ounces to be exact. i think thats only 4 pound short of the irish record but i could be wrong.