Postby Wes » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:02 pm

People:Myself and brother

Duration:11am-330pm

Tide:High and turning, very springy

Weather:mixed, big swells

Bait: lures/mack

Rigs:

Results:10mack 1 pollock

Report: SCW in effect, huge swells and poor weather. Not very productive. Had to come in as was getting worse. Saw 2 guys nearly sink their boat, having their anchor attached to the port side. WTF???!!!
Wes

"A bad days fishing is better than a good days work"
Wes
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 1 time

Re: Howth & Eye 16/09/12

Postby ark rose glenn » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Ya did the right thing cuming in And not a bad catch for the conditions . I nearly had the same thing happen to me at the island. Anchor was stuck for about 30 mins and swell was getting worse. After we got it out we headed straight back in. Will never drop anchor around that area again
Species 2014; coalie, whiting,flounder, smoothound, LSD, codling, pollock,pouting, cookoo wrasse, goldsinny wrasse, mackerel, blue shark, conger eel, rock goby, blenny, plaice, dab, herring, poor cod,painted ray, weaver,
Species 2013:......Whiting, dab , flounder, codling, pouting, mackeral, dogfish, pollock, 3beard rocking,plaice, smoothound, blenny.
Species 2012:...whiting, dab, flounder, codling, pollock, conger,mackeral, herring, 3 beard rockling,
5 beard rockling, pouting, LSD,sea trout,scorpion,
ark rose glenn
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 47 times

Re: Howth & Eye 16/09/12

Postby twinkle » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:22 am

the divers off the back of the island pay there college loans back with anchors and leads :lol: its a minefield of rocks and reefs.iv never dropped anchor at the back of islands eye it would be asking for trouble the currents and swells that are there you would have to be mad
twinkle
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 161 times

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports