cork harbour moonshine

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:06 pm

People:me and dan

Duration:0930-1830

Tide:ebbing then flood

Weather:southwest 15mile an hour hot very hot

Bait:rag lug razor mackeral

Rigs:lots

Results:ballen,coalie,cod,dab(specimen),dog(specimen),cuckoo,mackeral,pollack,pouting,ling,haddock,poor cod,grey gurnard,red gurnard(specimen)14

Report:headed out today on a lovely morning decided to hit the lings first spin out lovely flat sea until about three miles before lings turned a bit snotty carried on onto the sand close to lings lines down had all bait on board so just dropped a set over side for macks.they obliged through out day.first couple drifts slow ballen poor cod and few haddock time to move, decided to try a peak in area didnt dissappoint with plenty fish ling cod coalies cuckoo pouting couple of double shots and a few trebles for the jammy fellow drifted this a couple of times picking up decent fish every drift cod to 6lb ling to double figures handy pollack.we then decided to go back on the clean a few moves produced whiting gurnards grey and lots of reds must have had in excess of two dozen reds with one specimen falling to my rod :lol: dan meanwhile picked up a specimen dog.happy days headed in home ward not content with what we had we stopped of in harbour for a flat or two, again it worked plenty whiting and dabs dan got a fine specimen also here.so all in all a good day 14 species 3 different specimen types and an octopus . :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: cork harbour moonshine

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:49 pm

Love the pic of the Gurnard, amazing looking fish, well done :)

All the best SQ............

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:52 pm

Steven I Hate you !!!! Leave my red gurnards alone lol Sounds like you had a fantastic day and even the weather stayed fine, great fishing xx

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:12 pm

Brilliant fishing lads well done 8) it makes me want to head to cork again :mrgreen:

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:19 pm

That's a great day out for sure! And great pics too guys fair play

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:51 am

Quality Gurnard!!! :D Congrats, thats a good days fishing there! :D

Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:54 pm

Well done Stephen! Great specimens.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:37 pm

That's a beautiful gurnard . Very well done

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:54 pm

What weights that gurnard Peakle?????????

Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Spectacular gurnard.......