People:Myself

Duration:3hrs

Tide:high to falling

Weather:fair

Bait:Mack

Rigs:Animal rig

Results:2 rays and a few dogs

Report:
Was late getting out Sunday morning but was on the water and sun shining,then the mist came in but didn't mind cause I wanted to anchor up for a few rays..
First drop got half dozen macks so straight on to drop anchor,
First cast brought in a nice thornback around 5 1/2 pound tagged and released the the wind picked up and made it very uncomfortable.,
Before I headed back managed another ray 6 1/2 pound,while pulling anchor lost my icom hannheld over the side and while trying to grab it lost the landing net aswell :shock:
It never rains it pours....

Re: Orca youghal 26th Aug

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:35 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346067326.588704.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346067340.809764.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:38 pm

Lovely fish! Well done! :D I only bought an animal rig last week to target Ray. I haven't used the rig before, did you set it up on a boom?

Cheers

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:24 pm

Ya mate on a boom then swivel..
I always use them at anchor but a lot of people use them drifting..
I just love the fight off them..
Best of luck

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:15 pm

Fine fish, shame about the losses overboard. That wind picked up faster and earlier than forecast up here and forced us back to the slip after just an hour of patchy macs.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:02 pm

Not too bad you got some action anyway.did you change the boat to a warrior again ?jp here

Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:37 pm

NIce fish...............
Took a fella on his first trip years ago (shore) and got him all the gear. He caught a Thornback almost immediatly. I have never caught one. Ouch..................... :mrgreen:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:51 am

globulin77 wrote:NIce fish...............
Took a fella on his first trip years ago (shore) and got him all the gear. He caught a Thornback almost immediatly. I have never caught one. Ouch..................... :mrgreen:

I hope you took the gear back off him!