15ht april madagaine mara spiddal master boat comp.....

Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:18 pm

15th april boat master 006.jpg
15th april boat master 004.jpg
15th april boat master 002.jpg
15th april boat master 001.jpg
People:loads

Duration:loads
15th april boat master 007.jpg

Tide:

Weather:sunny and hot

Bait:all sorts

Rigs:all sorts and shapes

Results:pleanty of fish

Report:Well where do i start,, the venue galway bay, the comp the first boat master comp of the year... set off around 9am into a magacial sunny flat calm galway bay a board the wounderful madagaine mara skippered by the Kevin The Lad.. crew members on the day myself and Cian... the first stop was one of the best ive seen for a long time with pleanty of pollock,some in the 7pound mark and colies to around 4 pound mark,, the first drift produced,pollock,coalies,cucko wrasse,poor cod,haddock,launce,mackeral,almost all fishing where hitting fish at soon time over the drift,,,, so the first half had Danny in the lead,, with Neol following in second place followed closely by Steve... if i where to report everything i would be here till tomorrow so i will leave room for the other lads to add,,, all in all a fantasic days fishing fishing with 11 species i think where recorded.... hopefully the other lads will add there own bit ,,if so should make for a good read.....

CONGRATS TO DANNY HOW HELD THE LEAD THROUGH THE DAY AND CAME OUT ON TOP... WELDONE MATE.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 15ht april madagaine mara spiddal master boat comp.....

Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:20 pm

15th april boat master 011.jpg
15th april boat master 012.jpg
15th april boat master 010.jpg
15th april boat master 008.jpg
a few more photos... not sure what is wrong with my computer but the pictures are posting first then the report......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:33 pm

Some nice fish there, looked like a great day. 8)

Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:30 pm

well done lucky, looks like ye had a good day out there.few old faces i see

Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:12 pm

smiliejp wrote:well done lucky, looks like ye had a good day out there.few old faces i see

less of the OLD eh.. :lol: :lol:

good day alright, that thorny secured my second place in the comp on the very last lift of the competition, more thornies were caught after that too, good to see plenty of them about,
I didnt have many in numbers but i did have plenty of species though..
some good fish were landed and i cant wait till the next one.. :wink:

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:41 pm

Great fishing & report. Well done lads. Hope to get over there again in near future

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:22 pm

Thanks for the report Alan, as i was dying to know how ye got on....
Sound's like a cracking day out and fair play to the Skipper and Crew men.

Good report & photos - hopefully more to come from the lads on this who fished the day......Lads?

Mick

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:34 pm

hi Alan thats a good write up and great pics... it was a great day out with brilliant fishing great banter and good laughs. some massive pollack got, with john getting the best of the day it was a beast , well done to the skipper one of the best ive been out with, and the crew on the ball for the day.it was a great day out with the club , cant wait for the next session . :) .

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:07 pm

it was a cracking day out,with the weather gods smiling on us,sun splitting the deck,and a lake like sea..flat calm,before the comp officially started we went mackie bashing,and a few were got,but not in any numbers,the first drift of the comp producing loads of coalies and pollock for nearly everyone,with steve concentrating on other species,and suceeding! :mrgreen: four cookoo wrasse in quick sucession, :shock: after maxing my pollock quota i changed rigs and pout and poor cod was the result..even though i REALLY wanted a cookoo! we changed marks,and the fishing steadied...with fish being landed,but not in the same numbers,martin got a nice haddock,and hopes were lifted,but alas it was the only one,then we hit grey gunard,small ones,but new species... :D ...another drift over a new spot did not produce much,and the last mark of the day was hit,with thornies being the target,dan got the first,then i got a run,i left it too long and then steves rod rattled...but so did mine! :roll: same bloody fish!! two hooks one fish..so it was disqualified as a counter in the comp....that turner will do ANYTHING to win a comp! :D :D he finally got HIS on the last drop of the comp...and beat me by ONE POINT :( :( CONGRATS to dan sweeney for winning the first Galway Buccaneers boat comp of the year.....bring on the next one! :D