Duration: 3 hours

Tide: up to H/W

Weather: Flat calm

Bait: soft plastics

Rigs[/b Lead heads

[b]Results
: :D

Report:

Thanks to Jim’s videos and tips I felt confidant enough to stick with the plastics while out around the harbour “Left the cooler box with all the bait sitting in my yard at home :oops: ” and sure enough it paid off with the biggest Codling I ever caught :D

End result was Dulittle 2 codling and I caught 2 codling and 1 coalfish,

small.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Lucky~B Cork Harbour

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:50 pm

well done lads fair play on the PB 8)

Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:07 pm

Great sport on the light gear I'd say, nice one on the pb :wink:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:12 pm

Nice going lads, congrats on your PB :lol:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:46 pm

Welcome to Cork Harbour, you won’t regret it. 8)

It won’t be long before you’re throwing that size back because they are only taking up space in the boat :lol: :lol: :lol:

We picked up plenty of launce near the No6 buoy on Sunday. Done a few drifts in the same area as you the cod went mad for long slivers of the launce :D :D :D

Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:49 pm

donal domeney wrote: Done a few drifts in the same area as you the cod went mad for long slivers of the launce :D :D :D

I will make sure i bring a few down with me in a couple of weeks time :mrgreen: , just incase they dissapear before i arrive :wink:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:07 pm

:D well done lovley fish :D the soft plastics will be out more now no doubt :D
ferg

Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:17 pm

JOHN1 wrote:
donal domeney wrote: Done a few drifts in the same area as you the cod went mad for long slivers of the launce :D :D :D

I will make sure i bring a few down with me in a couple of weeks time :mrgreen: , just incase they dissapear before i arrive :wink:

I wouldn’t worry too much about launce to be honest if it looks like food and it's moving away from them they'll grab it. I’ve caught them on plain feathers. :oops: :oops:
Crab would be my first bait of choice 8) 8)

fishy1987 wrote::D well done lovley fish :D the soft plastics will be out more now no doubt :D
ferg

Soft plastics are only fodder for the tackle dealers. :lol: :lol:
It’s a tossup on which is easier to catch, bass in East Cork or good size cod in Cork Harbour. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:00 pm

Well done Mike!
A nice result for an exploratory run.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:05 am

Cheers lads

It was a wicked day to be out with the sea flat calm and very little wind… I reckon if we had a bit more wind we could have covered more ground which may have given us more fish but I’m not complaining about the end result as all the other codling that I have caught while beach and rock fishing were under 12inches and believe me I travelled many miles around the coast to get them,

When I got the one in the picture to the side of the boat Dulittle asked if I was going to swing him into the boat But it would have broke my heart to lose it so I bottled out and asked for the net

fishy1987 wrote::D well done lovley fish :D the soft plastics will be out more now no doubt :D
ferg

You can be sure of that Ferg, it really is a great way of fishing Specially when you leave all your bait at home :)

donal domeney wrote:Welcome to Cork Harbour, you won’t regret it. 8)

Thanks Donal

If I knew how good you all had it down there I would have been down a lot sooner, it’s a fantastic place… the people and pubs aint too bad either :D :D :D

JimC wrote:Well done Mike!
A nice result for an exploratory run.

Cheers Jim

Don't think we would have found them so fast without your help, there will be a cool pint sent over to you when I see you around 8)

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:51 am

oh you clever mann :lol: :lol: now you have to use up that bait on another :lol: trip well done on the pb

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:27 am

Hi Twinkle

twinkle wrote:oh you clever mann :lol: :lol:

Not the exact words I used on myself when I seen no cooler box in the van that day :evil: :evil: even Dulittle walked away rather than take this god given opportunity to slag me off :shock:

But things changed as soon as we hit the target species

Cheers

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:21 pm

[quote="donal domeney"
Soft plastics are only fodder for the tackle dealers. :lol: :lol:
It’s a tossup on which is easier to catch, Bass in East Cork or good size cod in Cork Harbour. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:[/quote]

Now now Donal,don't knock something until uve tried it .Todays sps are alot more advanced than the old rubber eels you have in the bottom of your tackle box :lol: .For what its worth with the amount of lads out and about bass fishing on some beaches down in east cork recently i rekon its def easier to catch a decent cod from the harbour,judging by the size of whats been caught :cry: .Even lads from dublin are beachfishing down this way in search of elusive schoolies. :roll:
Well done on the cod,lovely way to catch them and allow a fish to give a proper account of itself.