People:jp and charlie

Duration:10.30 to 3

Tide:falling

Weather:lovely but choppy at the mark

Bait:squid

Rigs:baited feathers,kilmore killers

Results:good few pollack

Report:

Set off from rosseveal on the falling tide ,nice and calm at the slip but was choppy at the islands with a bit of a swell.we were getting good action from the pollack for about 2hrs or that till the dreaded sea sickness struck both of us with in a short time .we had no comfort fishing on so we cut it short and done a nice lap of inis mor island on the opposite way back.i think ill have to take the sea sickness tabs on a regular basis when heading out that far only seem to get it when im further out probably must be the bigger swells. i dont know but it ruins the day so will have to try something out.there would have been excellent fish caught but it wasnt to be.great run out all the same and got a nice few fillets of pollack for the dinners and nice to get out the atlantic side for a change.i got a blow out on the trailer, luckly i was just getting off at the motorway only minutes from the house so i got a lift down for the spare which just happened to be lift behind for once when ya need it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: First trip out for 2012 Aran islands

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:33 am

at least you wre out and able to puke :lol: :mrgreen: and some nice pollock as well.iv only been sick once and that was at the saltees always a big swell .i used sealegs for a few trips out of kilmore just in case but it hasent happened again in 10yrs so it must have been the islands swell.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:04 pm

twinkle wrote:at least you wre out and able to puke :lol: :mrgreen: and some nice pollock as well.iv only been sick once and that was at the saltees always a big swell .i used sealegs for a few trips out of kilmore just in case but it hasent happened again in 10yrs so it must have been the islands swell.

Can you still get sea-legs? I was told their factory was burned down last year.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:28 pm

nicefish wrote:
twinkle wrote:at least you wre out and able to puke :lol: :mrgreen: and some nice pollock as well.iv only been sick once and that was at the saltees always a big swell .i used sealegs for a few trips out of kilmore just in case but it hasent happened again in 10yrs so it must have been the islands swell.

Can you still get sea-legs? I was told their factory was burned down last year.
no i think there still in business and here in ireland http://www.yourmedicines.ie/SeaLegs_Tablets

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:04 pm

ha john paul it was apitty about the sea sickness but ha that the sea for ye,, anyway some nice pollock taken,,, the best way to cure sea sickness is fish more often ,,,only joken with you mate....... sorry i could not make it out with you... next time mate......

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:37 am

I used to fish commercially round there once upon a time and I remember vicious patches of turbulence with wind/swell/tide and upwellings all fighting each other. Not comfy in a 50fter and no place at all for a dinghy. Still, you got out and got the dinner, fair play. How do you find the Kilmore Killers? Not had much success with them up here.