Postby JOHN1 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:23 pm

People:Two

Duration:10.30am-3.30pm

Tide:Big

Weather:summer like
Bait:rag lug crab mack launce razor

Rigs:all sorts

Results:whiting coalies dabs and launce
Report:i woke up to brilliant conditions this morming,so at about 9am i gave harry a ring to tell him i was planning a trip the only problem was i was leaving the house at 10, and sure enough he was up for the challange 8) we had loads of bait left over from a shore comp yesterday, so what better way to use it up other than a trip out in the boat 8).
launched and heading out of the harbour for 10.30 i had some specimen rag with me so we went to a pollack mark with high hopes of connecting with a fish or two,not even a single bite was had :? as the tide slackened i headed to a launce mark i have to see if any were about and sure enough they obliged 8) this is the earliest time of the year i have ever had them :D some fresh bait aboard we moved again this time we were looking for an elusive LSD this is my 4th time out in the boat looking for them to no avail, where have they all gone :shock:, with small rods on the go we managed to boat about 1 ton of whiting and a few dabs thrown in while looking for the rough skinned lads :mrgreen:
with time and tide starting to slip away we went on to a bit of shallower mixed ground and managed to pluck a few coalies out up to about 40cm before we made for the slip.
all in all a great day to be out even if the fish are few and far between :wink:
Attachments
Launce.jpg
Launce.jpg (111.93 KiB) Viewed 684 times
Dab.JPG
Dab.JPG (212.53 KiB) Viewed 685 times
coalie.jpg
coalie.jpg (166.61 KiB) Viewed 684 times
Species Target (1) Anything will be a Bonus.

BALLYBRACK SAC.
EFSA.
SouthShore SAC.

For this message the author JOHN1 has received thanks:
paul skelly (Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:59 am)
JOHN1
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 598 times

Re: Dublin Boat Marks (IMELDA)11/3/12

Postby davequirke@hotmail.com » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:40 pm

was that you up by the 40 foot today
if ya cant fish in heaven i dont wanna go!!!!!!!!!
davequirke@hotmail.com
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 6 times

Postby JOHN1 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:44 pm

i was one of the few boats that were up there all right.

BALLYBRACK SAC.
EFSA.
SouthShore SAC.
JOHN1
SAI Megalodon!

Postby yappo » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:53 am

Thought I saw you out there alright John. I am having same problem with LSD's what the hell is going on??? Was going to have a drop for the launce but thought it was a bit early, thanks for info will give it a go next time. :D

What a beauty of a day it was I even got sunburned, face like a stop sign when I got home.

Yappo
Sunny SouthWest
yappo
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 70 times

Postby twinkle » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:33 am

nice bit of fishing john, looks like its to be calm until wednesday. nice to get a few launce could be the start of a good season 8)
twinkle
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 161 times

Postby JOHN1 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:45 pm

yappo wrote:Thought I saw you out there alright John. I am having same problem with LSD's what the hell is going on??? Was going to have a drop for the launce but thought it was a bit early, thanks for info will give it a go next time. :D

What a beauty of a day it was I even got sunburned, face like a stop sign when I got home.

Yappo

it was a fantastic day to be out pat,on days like that the fish are not that important :wink: i seen you heading towards the island from the bray direction.you must have been running out of ideas like ourselvs :? :wink:
i cant figure it about the dogs the marks im trying used to be full of them :o
i was talking to a mate of mine and he was boat fishing off wicklow head and he said there was any amount of them down there :?

BALLYBRACK SAC.
EFSA.
SouthShore SAC.
JOHN1
SAI Megalodon!

Postby JOHN1 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:48 pm

twinkle wrote:nice bit of fishing john, looks like its to be calm until wednesday. nice to get a few launce could be the start of a good season 8)

cheers derek,i wont get back out till the weekend at least, hopefully :wink: i hope your right about a good season ahead :mrgreen:

BALLYBRACK SAC.
EFSA.
SouthShore SAC.
JOHN1
SAI Megalodon!

Postby timod » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:53 pm

Sounds like a nice trip John :D I got trough the left over bait from the comp on the pier in Greystones,plenty of small fish knocking around.Thats a few nice fish yourself and Harry got,well done and well done with the competition aswell 8)
timod
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 86 times

Postby mitch » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:15 pm

Great day to be out john ,and even better to see launce around this time of the year ,reports going around of some macks caught of greystones in the last few days :D :D
mitch
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 124 times

Postby JOHN1 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:43 pm

timod wrote:Sounds like a nice trip John :D I got trough the left over bait from the comp on the pier in Greystones,plenty of small fish knocking around.Thats a few nice fish yourself and Harry got,well done and well done with the competition aswell 8)

Thanks tim,good to here you managed to get a few fish down there, i see you finished up at 5AM :shock: :shock:that was some long day, you must be crazy :mrgreen:
mitch wrote:Great day to be out john ,and even better to see launce around this time of the year ,reports going around of some macks caught of greystones in the last few days :D :D
Thanks gerry,as i said i never caught a launce as early 8) but as you may well know the launce mark i have is fairly special as it can produce serious amounts of them on a normal day, i have often stopped when i get 50 or 60 in as little as a half hour 8) i heard about a few macks turning up, that was half the reason i went out :) i might get asome next week :wink:

BALLYBRACK SAC.
EFSA.
SouthShore SAC.
JOHN1
SAI Megalodon!

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports