Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:46 pm

People:34 anglers

Duration:10 - 4

Tide:low to high

Weather:Great

Bait:Mack, Lug, black lug

Rigs:pats, & legers

Results:1200 fish

Report: I've been a bit late getting this report up. 34 anglers competed. 4 boats were used. 1200 fish caught:- 741 whiting, 419 dabs, 2 grey gurnard, 1 tub gurnard, 8 poor cod, 13 plaice, 7 flounder, 6 scorpion fish, 2 herring, and plenty of mackeral. Did I say mackeral!!! Yes, there were plenty of mackeral. This is most unusual, but we've had had mackeral before in another of the Feb light lines but not as many as this time.

The results are below in excel format and there's a more detailed report here http://corkharbouranglinghub.blogspot.c ... sults.html

This augurs well for the next comp out of Cork Harbour which is the Team Ireland fundraiser on Sat 10th March, full details of which are here viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38140 and here http://corkharbouranglinghub.blogspot.c ... aiser.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cork Harbour Light Line Comp - 19th Feb

Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:15 pm

sounds like a brilliant day pat i wonder do the macks ever leave cork? :lol:

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:52 pm

Jeez...when you're looking for them, they can be scarce!

Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:54 pm

this was a great day out and good value too.
for anyone like me who isnt a keen boat angler but wants a good day afloat for something different then this is just the ticket. i was asked a few times during the day by more experienced lads if i needed any help and was made more than welcome. hopefully ill be able to make the next one too.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:46 am

thanks pat it was a great day out.great fishing and great weather

Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:43 pm

looked like it was a cold day nice fishing