Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:03 pm

Vessel: Cognito

Crew: Myself & 3 Lads form the Club

Duration:09.30 to 16.30

Tide:LW @ 14.30

Weather: Glorious

Bait:All sorts - Fresh Crab, Ragworm, Razors, Mackeral, Squid

Rigs:Home made

Results: Cod, Haddock, Ling, Whiting, Poor Cod, Dogfish, Grey Gurnard, Cuckoo Wrasse, Pouting, Dabs, Pollock

We left port @ 09.30 on the ebb tide and slightly overcast conditions. the harbour was flat but as we ventured out there was a sloppy sea but the further south we went the better it got. We drifted our chosen make initially but with only a handful of Whiting to show, albeit to 2 lbs we dropped the anchor. The sky cleared, and one would think it was the middle of July. We picked up more Whiting, some fine Dabs to a 1lb, Grey Gurnards, Codling and some Poor Cod at anchor, not our intended target but good sport non the less. As the tide eased, so did the fishing so we went back on the drift for the remainder of the day. We picked up much better Cod to a shade under 9 lbs, Haddock to 4, Pollock to 6, Cuckoo Wrasse, more Grey Gurnards, a few small Ling, a solitary Pouting and more Poor Cod. All in all not a bad day out for February, my last for a while as I will take the boat home this week after over 9 months afloat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Summers Day in February

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:34 pm

some lovely fish there. excellent results what part of the country were you fishing?

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:48 pm

Beautiful fishing.I'm pea green :D

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:15 am

Beautiful looking cod.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:21 am

Thats a great haul for this time of the year. Well done !!!

Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:57 am

That's cracking fishing. well done

Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:37 pm

twinkle wrote: what part of the country were you fishing?

if i were a betting man i would put a few pound on CORK. :mrgreen:

great fishing well done 8)

Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Its got Cork all over it :mrgreen: