Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:10 pm

People:7 Cork Specimen Hunters & 1 from Dublin

Duration:6 Hours
Tide:High to Low
Weather:Glorious
Bait:Mackeral / Squid / Herring / Crab
Rigs:Flowing and Uptide Rigs
Results:12 Spurdog (1 specimen) / Huss /Dogs

Report:Kit Dunne brought his new boat to Wicklow Town last week, Lisin, an Offshore 105. To christen the boat a trip was arranged for last weekend. The intention was to fish Saturday and Sunday but the weather put paid to Saturday, so we were going to be limited to the 1 day. as I could only travel Sunday, I left Cork at 06.00 and arrived at the quay wall for 08.40.
With the chance of a specimen Spur there was no delay in getting the gear on board. With the new 15KG Bruce rigged which I had brought from Cork rigged,we departed at 09.30 for the shortish steam out. We anchored in 25 meters of water and the 1st Spur crossed the gunnels after a mere 5 minutes.There was a flurry of fish landed in quick succession. as the dropped tide picked up the fishing got more difficult, but Huss to 10 lbs made a welcome appearance. I switched to uptiding but this yielded dog after dog. As the tide eased in the afternoon, Dan Lynch landed the 1st Specimen on the boat.
We fished 'til 16.00, called it a day as Darkness started to fall. We all had a great day. It was well worth the 620Km round trip. Kit impressed on his 1st day out, bearing in mind that there was over 300 recorded specimens and a few records amongst the crew. It's great to have a charter boat up the east coast and I look forward to returning in the coming weeks as I believe that Spurs hang around until early February

Pics to follow as I need to resize ( Struggling a bit with that)

Re: Specimen Spurdog - Wicklow

Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:24 pm

CEng wrote:People:7 Cork Specimen Hunters & 1 from the pale.
Duration:6 Hours
Tide:High to Low
Weather:Glorious
Bait:Mackeral / Squid / Herring / Crab
Rigs:Flowing and Uptide Rigs
Results:12 Spurdog (1 specimen) / Huss /Dogs

Report:Kit Dunne brought his new boat to Wicklow Town last week, Lisin, an Offshore 105. To christen the boat a trip was arranged for last weekend. The intention was to fish Saturday and Sunday but the weather put paid to Saturday, so we were going to be limited to the 1 day. as I could only travel Sunday, I left Cork at 06.00 and arrived at the quay wall for 08.40.
With the chance of a specimen Spur there was no delay in getting the gear on board. With the new 15KG Bruce rigged which I had brought from Cork rigged,we departed at 09.30 for the shortish steam out. We anchored in 25 meters of water and the 1st Spur crossed the gunnels after a mere 5 minutes.There was a flurry of fish landed in quick succession. as the dropped tide picked up the fishing got more difficult, but Huss to 10 lbs made a welcome appearance. I switched to uptiding but this yielded dog after dog. As the tide eased in the afternoon, Dan Lynch landed the 1st Specimen on the boat.
We fished 'til 16.00, called it a day as Darkness started to fall. We all had a great day. It was well worth the 620Km round trip. Kit impressed on his 1st day out, bearing in mind that there was over 300 recorded specimens and a few records amongst the crew. It's great to have a charter boat up the east coast and I look forward to returning in the coming weeks as I believe that Spurs hang around until early February

Well done to Kit for having the smarts to import "Deadly Danny" and the Cork experts to catch the first specimen for the new boat :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:35 am

Just download pixresizer it's free and easy to use.

Yappo

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:24 pm

Pics resized. Thanks Yappo for advice on resizing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:34 pm

Nice!

Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:06 pm

Well done to Kit for having the smarts to import "Deadly Danny" and the Cork experts to catch the first specimen for the new boat :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:[/quote]

even if they had to come to wickla to catch em ,did they get lost or sumthin :?: :lol: :lol:
lovely pics and nice fishing :wink: