Cork Harbour Easter

Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:14 pm

I've been out and about for the last week 'exploring' Cork harbour on the boat and day by day the catches were getting better.
On Friday, we got whiting and a few small cod to 2lbs. Saturday we caught weaver, bout 8 mack, herring, whiting, a 2lb pollock and cod to 3lbs. On Monday we caught a few mackies and 12 cod to 4lbs. Tuesday, we took the speargun instead of rod to hunt some cod. Then on Wednesday we caught about 30 mackies to 1.5lbs and 30 cod from 3-6lb (a monster at about 8+lbs broke the line when I was about to land it…) my daughter (8) was even catching fish on the handline including a huge cod on unbaited mack feathers and plenty of mack! On top of that the kids saw loads of seals and dolphins, and big boats (ferries/liners etc.). Weather was super… what an Easter!

May post pics later!

Re: Cork Harbour Easter

Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:06 pm

:mrgreen: THAT SOUNDS BRILLIANT :mrgreen: did you meet jim or donal out there?

Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:16 pm

Not sure, saw a few boats out there, but I found when the fishing was best (sat and wed) there were not many boats around??

Edit: do you mean charters?

If so they were fishing at the wrong spots :lol:

Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:27 pm

Here are a few pics. I don;t normally report but the daughter was snap happy with the camera ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:10 pm

Oh, I see they were in the correct places... maybe just taking a break or 'trying' to get away from the cod out there!!

http://corkharbouranglinghub.blogspot.c ... tinue.html

Either way... there's good fishing out there at the moment!

Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:58 pm

I think I saw the Sea Nymph in the distance on Saturday as I passed back into the harbour. :wink:

Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:07 pm

I looked everywhere Jim and couldn't see any cartoon boats in the harbour ;)

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:15 am

No, Jim wasn't out in the 'rubber duck' :wink: , he was out in Danny's boat.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:23 am

Skua Saturday
Danny Monday