sea hunter , youghal 19th sept

Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:10 pm

People:me, noel, eddy, mark, don and stephen

Duration:9.30 till 5

Tide:the ebb

Weather:bright, warm and slight breeze

Bait: mackeral

Rigs: feathers and jellies

Results:macks, ling , cod, scad, pollack, wrasse, poor cod, pouting, gurnard , conger and whiting

Report:organized this day out for my stag and was not disappointed. started off with the mackeral drop and 10 mins later headed for deeper water, drifted heavyground for a while and picked up some pollack and then the first cod about 7lb went to don. soon after we picked up 3 more smaller cod . don was fishing the smallest baits and got a whole mixture of fish and was way ahead of the rest of us. noel picked up a good cod with a chunk bitten from it with teeth marks.....shark. I picked up a conger about 8lb and soon after the skipper pulled a conger about 17lb. don hit the only ling of the day and we headed for a wreck. I hit 2 big fish in a row which bit off the big hokais from the trace. things went slow from then on in, stephen hooked up with the fish of the day later, a pollack about 11lb.......... destiny as he fished most of the day with a knot in his reel and wasnt hitting the bottom despite our attempts to help him...he was chuffed. we all had a fantastic day with everybody hitting a good fish . went to the moorings in dungarvan that nite and the 6 sunburnt rashers hit the beer, talked fishing all nite and have agreed to make it a regular fixture each year..........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: sea hunter , youghal 19th sept

Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:14 pm

Great days fishing there seanie, was it the reefs around youghal ye were fishing, what wreck did ye fish if you dont mind me asking

Re: sea hunter , youghal 19th sept

Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:35 pm

yep tom it was reefs around youghal and i forget the wrecks name but only done 2 drifts on it anyways, we had 7 cod for the day while other boat from youghal had none for about the same hours but were further east, me thinks we had above average day.