Youghal 30th August 2008

Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:56 pm

People:Myself, Pat, and 10 others

Duration:10am - 430pm

Tide:fall-rise

Weather:miserable in the morning, good as we can back in.

Bait:Mack

Rigs:Hokkai for the Macks, Gilling for the Pollock and Baited pirks for the Conger.

Results:Poor Conger, Ling, Pollock,Gurnard, Mack

Report:Headed out on the Rebbeca C with Martin Colfer on Saturday, myself Pat and 10 others.
Conditions were overcast with patches of rain, the sea was lumpy enough with plenty of white caps showing.

First we dropped for Mackeral, 10mins later we had enough for bait of the day.

For the first half of the day myself and Pat gilled for Pollock while we drifteed over rough ground, we used every type/colour/shape/flavour of jelly eels/shads/red gills/firetails/sidewinders ....etc you get the picture...we had 3 Pollock between us :shock: biggest id say 2lb. And 2 Gurnard that took a liking to Pats orange jelly worm.

Second Half of the day we anchored off a Wreck, and myself and Pat put down Baited Pirks, Pat got a ling for his efforts and I got my first Conger a small one at that !

That really about sums the day up.
Pat has been out with Martin a god few times and has never seen the fishing down there as bad. Hes had 14 congers in one day down there over the same ground, plus he was getting a pollock a drop on the gilling.

But sure if the Fish arnt feeding what can you do !

The other people on the boat were mostly dropping for Macks for the day and some got nice whiting over the wreck on baited Hokkais.

Cant Recommend Martin Enough, constantly repostioning the boat at our request to seek out some feeding fish, a sound man that likes to tell a joke or 2 !!
And as for the boat itself, the most stable platform ive ever fished off at sea, in given the sea conditions on the day no bother to her, suppose thats down to the catamaran design.

Plenty of Macks in the Harbour too when we got in, I was waiting for a lead to come in through the window of the boat as we approched the jetty, people firing feathers all over the shop !!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.