Wexford

Tue May 04, 2004 2:09 pm

Tried St Helens yesterday afternoon for a while-a rising tide - but nothing..
popped back into town and caught 4 codling in an hour- biggest about a pound and a half- to peeler ande lug.
jd

ps...
old wexford reports here

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bull ... .php?t=423

-new entries don't register on the thread..

Kilmichael Point 23/07/2004

Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:02 pm

Fished this on the evening tide. Fished the small beach to the north of the point. Bottom fished with ragworm, mackerel and frozen sandeels. Managed plenty of bites but nothing landed. 2 weeks before we caught a couple of small dab and a smoothhound pup just as dusk settled.

Tried the rocks at the end of the point the next morning and caught a small dab on ragworm and a small (1lb) pollock on a tasmanian devil spinner.

When I arrived I noticed that there is a strong tidal race around the point about 30 yards out. When I cast into that I got a lot of bites, but as the race slowed all activity ended.

Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:02 pm

Hi JK, Dances....

Four likely lads from Wexford town took me on an impromptu hour tour around the harbour pluggin for bass - one nice fish landed right beside the old bridge on the Kaats strand side behind the apartments. All the marks they tried were busy with other boats. 10 lb plus fish landed last week. Photos to follow in the gallery and a comprehensive update on the wexford marks too...

All of the marks are castable from the shore, bar one. Enough said...