North Dublin Cliff 26.05.2021

Thu May 27, 2021 12:58 am

When: 26/05/2021
Where: North Dublin Cliff
Who: Myself
Duration: 22:00-01:00
High Water: 00:11
Equipment: 13ft bass rod and 15ft surf rod both on pulley rigs.
My Bait: Peeler Crab
Conditions: Super Blood Moon.
Result: A strap conger eel

I was actually at my usual spot tonight but I decided to leave for a different mark after an hour as there was almost no surf, went to a cliff nearby, was fishing peeler baits close in and managed a strap conger eel so got another point for the species hunt!

conger.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: North Dublin Cliff 26.05.2021

Thu May 27, 2021 1:23 am

I’ve found the fishing very poor this week around local marks, speaking to a few different lads and they were the same, apart from picking up the odd bass, nobody seemed to be catching much. Glad to see you caught a few :D

Thu May 27, 2021 1:27 am

Greendag wrote:I’ve found the fishing very poor this week around local marks, speaking to a few different lads and they were the same, apart from picking up the odd bass, nobody seemed to be catching much. Glad to see you caught a few :D

Cheers Dave, yeah I've noticed at least the smooth hounds aren't as hungry recently :lol: hopefully things improve over the next few days with the settled weather!

Thu May 27, 2021 1:33 am

Gonzo wrote:
Greendag wrote:I’ve found the fishing very poor this week around local marks, speaking to a few different lads and they were the same, apart from picking up the odd bass, nobody seemed to be catching much. Glad to see you caught a few :D

Cheers Dave, yeah I've noticed at least the smooth hounds aren't as hungry recently :lol: hopefully things improve over the next few days with the settled weather!

Yeah, I think I’ll take a break for a bit, the last few days have broken my spirit :D think a little road trip to Wexford might be needed soon

Thu May 27, 2021 10:35 am

The odd bass - sounds like first world problems to me :lol:

try blanks interspersed with the odd dog/flounder/rockling

id loose my mind if i got a decent smoothie or there was a chance of one - really cold the last month, killed the fishing out west anywyas

Thu May 27, 2021 11:24 am

corbyeire wrote:

id loose my mind if i got a decent smoothie or there was a chance of one - really cold the last month, killed the fishing out west anywyas

:D unfortunately it wasn’t me with the “odd bass” it’s that conversation “yeah, it’s been bad the last week or two but I know a lad who got a bass up there the other day” and I’m like “ well I was “there” last night and got a flattie the size of a teabag” :)

Thu May 27, 2021 5:33 pm

Greendag wrote:
corbyeire wrote:

The odd bass - sounds like first world problems to me

:D unfortunately it wasn’t me with the “odd bass” it’s that conversation “yeah, it’s been bad the last week or two but I know a lad who got a bass up there the other day” and I’m like “ well I was “there” last night and got a flattie the size of a teabag” :)
I haven't been able to get out
Haven't missed too much so

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Thu May 27, 2021 6:02 pm

Greendag wrote:
corbyeire wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: