Late dec and lockdown 33 and a third, donegal beaches

Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:15 pm

Work was busy on the run up to Christmas and weekends fishing were scarce,, but I did manage a few and the odd morning session,, plenty of flatties and seatrout on the go,, another 41.5 flounder which I was delighted with,, most fell to fish baits but raw prawn is becoming a favourite as you can see from the pics,, sticking close to home for the last few trips,, hope to get out a good bit now in jan as it will be coming to an end shortly and back into trout season,,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Late dec and lockdown 33 and a third, donegal beaches

Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:18 pm

More pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:25 pm

Another pic of the big flounder for good measure,, my pb so far,, way thicker than the last 41.5cm but would have loved to weigh him

Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:11 pm

Some lovely fish there Martin, you're blessed to have such fishing on your doorstep. I'm practically confined to barracks again; I'll be losing my recently acquired Donegal accent! Those flounder will be approaching top weight at the moment in preparation for spawnng, I've put a couple of pounds on myself but sadly not for the same reason......

Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:21 pm

Some lovely fish there Martin, fair play

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:38 pm

cracking flats

Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:09 pm

Fair play MartinC
Yip, deadly flats there. Looks and sounds like a great venue

Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:26 am

Thanks lads,, hopefully get a few more sessions in before they head off to spawn