Donabate

Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:02 pm

Tide: Lw @11:50am
Bait: black wraps & squid
Rigs: 2 hook flappers
Wind: South easterly
Result: 3 flounder
Duration: 2 hours

I’ve been wanting to try Donabate with a southeasterly wind, had a couple of free hours today so I decided to give it a go before the rain arrived in the afternoon.
There was a bit of a surf running and I got fishing shortly after low water. Bait was half a black wrap with a small strip of squid on a size 1 hook. The bait was coming back untouched for the first hour and a half then the next 3 casts resulted in a Flounder each cast, the best of which was around 36cms. I got the phone call which meant I had to leave unfortunately just as the fish were coming on the feed. All in all not a bad little session for a Northside beach in daylight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Donabate

Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:03 pm

That’s a nice size flounder for Northside.well done for that short of the time.

Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:02 pm

Daz wrote:That’s a nice size flounder for Northside.well done for that short of the time.

Thanks Daz, it’s definitely one of the better ones I’ve taken off that beach alright :)

Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:00 am

Fine flounder. Lovely

Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:21 pm

Fine flounder a whopper for that area
mickser

Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:23 pm

I was just thinking about there for this Sunday. Was gonna try lures but have no idea if there's anything there to take one

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:53 pm

Fine session!

Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:53 pm

lovely fish that! well done!