Shankill beach

Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:45 pm

Shankill beach
Bait, Rag & Squid
Time, 2 till 4:30pm, high tide @3pm
Results, 2 wrasse and 2 small flatties

I had a few hours to spare so decided to try Shankill for a quick session rather than my nearer North Dublin spots which I’ve found hard going in the daytime recently.
Arrived a bit later than planned and had my first line in the water just after 2ish and straight off the first cast was a half decent wrasse. Another one of similar size followed around half an hour later then a couple smallish flatties to finish off.
All the fish were caught on ragworm and in the rough ground. Luckily enough I only lost 1 lead, I managed to get out of a few snags. I’d say on other days the ground around there would have your heart broken losing gear.
The sun was out and there was little or no wind so all in all not a bad little session.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Shankill beach

Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:52 pm

Hey nice session! and some lovely fish! great colour on them :D

Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:29 pm

Gonzo wrote:Hey nice session! and some lovely fish! great colour on them :D

Yeah, the wrasse are beautiful fish alright, the second one hit the bait hard initially I thought it might be a bass, anyways no such luck :D

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:25 pm

Hi, thanks for the report. How do you get to that beach and is there parking nearby?

Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:01 pm

Nice few fish there. Love catching wrasse - cracking colours and give a great initial fight!

Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:38 pm

EddieK wrote:Hi, thanks for the report. How do you get to that beach and is there parking nearby?

There’s parking handy enough, drive down Corbawn lane and park near the end, short walk down a concrete platform onto the beach