High Rock Malahide 18.06.2020

Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:47 pm

When: 18/06/2020
Where: High Rock Malahide
Duration: 18:45-22:15
High Water: 22:36
Equipment: 15ft Shakespeare Agility Surf Rod - 3/0 circle hook on a pulley rig with beads/attractors & 5oz grip lead. & 11ft bass rod - 3/0 Aberdeen hook on a pulley rig & 4oz grip lead. Bite detection bells.
Bait: Frozen peeler crab and Razorfish
Conditions: Overcast and lots of rain.
Result: 1 Dogfish (LSD) and 1 Smooth-hound

There was already 3 guys fishing off the swim platform when I got to the mark, so I setup on the big rock to the right hand side. The other lads were catching tonnes of smooth-hound, some of really good size too. I think they were using ragworm but anyway two casts in and I catch a decent sized dogfish, he went back after getting a snap. Then maybe 30 minutes later I got a smooth-hound of about 1.5-2lbs. Then nothing for the next couple of hours, had a bite or two that didn't hook up, the rain started bucketing down as well so I packed it in!

I think it's safe to say that this mark is a reliable smooth-hound/dogfish mark. Almost every time I fish here I catch one or the other or both :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: High Rock Malahide 18.06.2020

Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:04 pm

High rock is always busy, if it's not anglers its swimmers.
Which is a pity, as you said ,,it is a top mark for smoothies.
Some nice hounds coming in off the wicklow beaches lately.
Still good to get one tho, well done.

Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:31 pm

MONKEYwrasse wrote:High rock is always busy, if it's not anglers its swimmers.

Yeah man there was a tonne of swimmers there too, some were afraid to get in because we told them about the "sharks" in the water :lol:

Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:27 am

Gonzo wrote:
MONKEYwrasse wrote:High rock is always busy, if it's not anglers its swimmers.

Yeah man there was a tonne of swimmers there too, some were afraid to get in because we told them about the "sharks" in the water :lol:

If I were them I'd be more worried about the e.coli, wasn't there a water quality warning for that area earlier this week.