Sheephaven 18jan

Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:59 am

Had been itching to get out after storm brendan and a week of bad weather so after a busy sat morning in the shed myself and a mate decided to try a few casts at the local beach..7.00pm we launched out some 3hook and 2 hook flappers baited with mackrel and waited,, first up was a small whiting followed by a nice flounder.. 27cm,
Following that was a barrage of small coalies and whiting between us.. thankfully something flat slid up the beach around an hour later.. another flounder 30cm or so.. that was the best of the evening.. another round of pin fish and 2 flounder later 25 and 27cm again a warm cup of tea was calling my name so we packed up and headed for the hills.. good 3hr session and a lovely evening
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Sheephaven 18jan

Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:04 am

Sorry about the poor pics..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Sheephaven 18jan

Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:33 am

Good stuff Martin, those small whiting and coalies can be a pain in the winter darkness....unless there's nothing else about! I don't know whether the flounder switch off at night or just can't get to the baits before the round fish.