Achill 2-2-2019

Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:53 pm

Fished Achill's long surf beach on an incoming tide, had a coupe of small turbot and a single Sea trout it was small at 28cm but first one of the year. it was a warm calm day fishing in light jumpers and no need for the overalls! due to the conditions i chanced the rocks , first cast for the little brother had a 40cm+ ballen, a nice early wrasse. we were hitting coalies for the rest of the evening on lug ranging from 35-40cm had about 8 between us, work was callings so we headed back up the road. enjoyable and a nice day out.

Re: Achill 2-2-2019

Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:54 pm

serious ballen considering time of year

Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:23 am

The ballan have not left to spawn yet because the weather has been so mild. Some brutes to be had.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:34 pm

joe the junior wrote:Fished Achill's long surf beach on an incoming tide, had a coupe of small turbot and a single Sea trout it was small at 28cm but first one of the year. it was a warm calm day fishing in light jumpers and no need for the overalls! due to the conditions i chanced the rocks , first cast for the little brother had a 40cm+ ballen, a nice early wrasse. we were hitting coalies for the rest of the evening on lug ranging from 35-40cm had about 8 between us, work was callings so we headed back up the road. enjoyable and a nice day out.

I absolutely love Achill Island, my favourite place on Earth

Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:24 pm

Fair play Joe. Nice to get out. I had a minute cod and a 25cm flounder at waterford quay few weeks back. Not had time lately