Shannon estuary

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:50 pm

4/0 pulley pennels
Sandeel and mack
2 hours before LW and one after

Got nothing, not even a bite until LW
then like a light switch constant bites for an hour until I ran out of bait (bulling).

Ended up with two thornbacks. No doggies I was delighted lol!
One was fairly big the other small. Missed a few bites and one took the hook clean off. I thought the fishing be gone bad due to cold weather but I was delighted.
Sorry I don't know how to judge the weight on flat fish.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Shannon estuary

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:55 pm

I have more pics but the site won't leg me upload them. Probly something I'm doing wrong. :oops:

Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:17 am

you might have to adjust the size of the pictures. nice fish. Next time include a reel or rod and people will be able to guage the weight for you.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:24 am

You're getting the hang of it, you'll get them year round in places I'll drop you a pm on it.

If you get a mild day in winter say near 10 degree they will feed

Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:31 pm

Woulfec wrote:4/0 pulley pennels
Sandeel and mack
2 hours before LW and one after

Got nothing, not even a bite until LW
then like a light switch constant bites for an hour until I ran out of bait (bulling).

Ended up with two thornbacks. No doggies I was delighted lol!
One was fairly big the other small. Missed a few bites and one took the hook clean off. I thought the fishing be gone bad due to cold weather but I was delighted.
Sorry I don't know how to judge the weight on flat fish

You could always buy some weighing scales, or better still, drop a few hints to Santa! Nice fish, well done.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:17 pm

Nice fishing.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:01 pm

That ray really looks drunk off, the shannon thornback are full of big thorns and from the photo this one is no different, you should have a pack of band aids for your days after handling a good ray.