Sea Bass

Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:42 am

Venue: West Coast Clare
Bait: Lug Worm and sandeel
Rig: 2 hook flapper. 3/0 long shank kamasan and 20lb snood.
Tide: Fished for two hours

First cast into the breaker. hooked him on the single sandeel.
Just under 7lb.

Re: Sea Bass

Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:43 am

received_2218164858401139.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:57 am

:shock: get the helmet on.
Well done on the catch but in some anglers eyes you just murdered a god so prepare for some flak :lol:

Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:33 am

correct me if I am wrong but all bass are now catch and release? What are the rules on this? Anyone?

Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:22 am

Rule changed, from Oct 1st to Dec 31st you can keep 1 (bass to legal size limit) in any 24 hour period.

link:
https://www.fisheriesireland.ie/Press-r ... r-1st.html

I've caught 18 bass since Oct and 3 went in the pan. 8)

I don't fish for bass I just catch then when I'm fishing :)

Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:46 pm

Cracking bass well done stick his seat belt on

Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:15 pm

Fine fat fish
crackin bass 8) well done

Yeah, is it dead? :(

Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:12 pm

Well done and a lovely fine fat 7 lb bass to take home.Was this your first bass if so I think you are allowed to keep him
as you did not break any rules as yet.1 a day is the rule unless they have changed it again ?
mickser

Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:27 pm

Beautiful Bass, congrats,

Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:18 pm

Fantastic fish well done. The regulation was indeed modified so perfectly legal.
If justice is done to the fish and is enjoyed as a great meal by the angler and his family, then I would have no issue with the odd fish being taken for the table.
There is a difference between people systematically cleaning out a mark of fish and taking the very odd nice fish for dinner, in my opinion.

And we all know for that one fish that is taken by the angler, there could be twenty netted illegally.

Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:04 pm

Sound lads. I know some people don't agree that perfect every man for your own opinion.

Me and my family and my girlfriends family and her grandmother of 94 who hadn't had it in 20years.

Iv got three this year but only took one, other two were small. I have unbelievable respect for the fish. I catch and release everything bar the odd pollock and mackeral and even then my hooks are barbeless.

Shouldn't have uploaded advertising this

Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:13 pm

Theres nowt wrong with keeping the odd bass personly i put everything back but people can take offense to photos of dead fish especially bass like the one you posted. Its best to get a photo of the fish on your box or of you holding it then no ones the wiser if its been kept or not.
Well done on the bass super catch your doing well.

Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:36 am

Sound lads

Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:12 am

Woulfec wrote:Sound lads. I know some people don't agree that perfect every man for your own opinion.

Me and my family and my girlfriends family and her grandmother of 94 who hadn't had it in 20years.

Iv got three this year but only took one, other two were small. I have unbelievable respect for the fish. I catch and release everything bar the odd pollock and mackeral and even then my hooks are barbeless.

Shouldn't have uploaded advertising this

Fair play, the fact that such a great family occasion was made is a mark of the respect you showed for the fish. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed it

Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:42 pm

Fine fat fish, well done. UK anglers were going mental that they weren’t allowed keep any bass, and are still going mad now that they’re only “allowed” keep one. Anglers here in Ireland are, for the most part, much more accepting of the restrictions regarding bass, and see the bigger picture. I used to keep 1 maybe 2 fish per year, normally fish around the 50cm mark. It didn’t kill me not to keep any this year.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:45 pm

Jesus when will the carnage end!! I mean, who puts rods in the car with reels still on and line through the rings and all.
Cracker of a fish, well done.