Dublin and Wicklow 5/10th and 7th /10

Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:08 am

Tides were great this weekend, HT 9.30 pm and 11.00 pm. Lovely SW wind, still a bit of weed about. I used only Slug-Go and Waveworm, weedless but with a split shot 3.0 g at the head to give it a bit of a drop. I got some Schoolies on Friday evening and a 68cm Bass, lovely fish, well chuffed with that. On Sunday I got 1 schoolie and I got an amazing hit on the Waveworm, stripped my reel and at one stage I wondered how I would land it, it just kept running, after an epic scrap I managed to land it and it was a beautiful fat Bass of 84cm in length, not sure of the weight but it was the best fighting fish I have ever landed. This year has been absolutely fantastic for me as regards Bass fishing on the East coast, perhaps the best I ever had. I only had 1 blank all season and that was down in Co. Kerry at the end of June, strange times indeed. Cheers.

Re: Dublin and Wicklow 5/10th and 7th /10

Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:07 pm

Well done richie great fishing

Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:23 pm

Angling Addicts length to weight chart gives 84cm=13lb 2oz for bass, a"fat" one might warrant a few more ounces? Excellent fishing!

Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:50 pm

Fantastic stuff Richie
Fish of a lifetime. Great to hear

Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:12 pm

johnwest wrote:Angling Addicts length to weight chart gives 84cm=13lb 2oz for bass, a"fat" one might warrant a few more ounces? Excellent fishing!

It's usually had to tell with the length to weight chart, from my experience I don't think it was 13 more in the region of 10 plus, but you never know. I measured it though and that's what it was. That's the 5th I've had this season that were all 8lb plus and all 40 minute drive from Dublin 8 :D