Sprattus sprattus and a nice Pollachius pollachius

Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:49 pm

Having been spending a lot of the summer chasing brown trout and not getting sea fishing, I headed to a local mark at the weekend to try my luck for a pollack or two.
We (the nephew and I) arrived to see some dead sprat on and in some of the rocks and rockpools, I though: Happy Days! :) Some of the sprat were getting washed out by the waves where the seagulls were picking them off and I found several hundred live ones in a tidal pool accompanied by a mack(!) that must have chased them in there and got stuck too.
We didn't see the main shoal of sprat, it must have passed by, but the nephew managed a few mack on the smaller spinner and was chuffed. I concentrated on trying to get bigger pollack with a large soft plastic but only managed to get one fish, but at 2.5lb I was happy too.
The pollack was as fat as hell and coughing up sprat, it was released to fight another day. Unfortunately though, I can't say the same for the rockpool inhabitants.. I popped up to the car and grabbed my trout net :wink:

Now to focus on the salt a bit more!..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CgPl0LrNTqE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by chuckaroo on Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Sprattus sprattus, and a nice pollack

Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:51 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Sprattus sprattus and a nice pollack

Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:01 am

Ray Mears would have been proud of you! Well done Nephew too.

Re: Sprattus sprattus and a nice Pollachius pollachius

Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:16 pm

Very enterorusing, well done.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:44 am

nice one chuck !! :D

Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:26 pm

Nothing bits fresh fish for dinner! Nice channel and i subscribe too.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:29 am

beechtrawler wrote:Very enterorusing, well done.
Don't know if that is meant to say very interesting, very entertaining, or very arousing.. but, all good

slippytit wrote:nice one chuck !! :D
Thanks Mo

zeke wrote:Nothing bits fresh fish for dinner! Nice channel and i subscribe too
Thanks zeke, hard to beat fresh whitebait too!
a few things on the youtube channel, nothing too professional though :))