LRF stoner session - Antrim coast

Old Shore Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Moderators: donal domeney, saltydog

LRF stoner session - Antrim coast

Postby chuckaroo » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:59 pm

Got up early yesterday morning in the hope of a few cod from the Antrim shore.
When I got to the mark there were two guys fishing it so I set up on an adjacent rock out of their way, no problem. But half an hour into the session I heard one of them having an almighty crack-off (I tried not to laugh :P ), and 5 minutes later they were gone.
I looked over and saw a familiar unpleasant sight :roll: - a lot of rubbish and sh1te left laying at their ar5es :evil: So I headed over to have a look, with the intention of probably tidying it up a bit.
Once I got there I found quite a lot of stuff abandoned. Apart from the usual plastic bags, bait bags and bottles etc, I found: a rod and reel, fresh bait, gloves, hooks, and.. wait for it... 2 wee bags of d0pe! I was quite pleased with my new found 'gifts', so I cleaned up their mess and continued on my way.

I fished the top of the tide to the bottom, right up and into dark, but had meagre results; no cod appeared.
The two rods at distance only produced a few doggies (and quite a lot of edible crabs) but the most fun was had in close I guess, lrf fishing with my newly acquired rod and reel :mrgreen: I caught a LOT of small coley, pollack and dab with it.

Was happy with a new 13.5' rod that I recently purchased (have never owned a beachcaster in my life) and I was well chuffed with the performance of my smaller 11' 'flattie' rod that I actually managed to repair! - after it snapped in two (3) just above the butt upon casting recently. It's a little heavier than before but it was 100% 8)

A lot of guys out on the shore yesterday, what with the settled mild weather. Think most were having similar results(?).
Attachments
IMG_0291.JPG
The new rod and the repaired rod
IMG_0292.JPG
Small but perfectly formed little dab :)
IMG_0293.JPG
Pollack
Last edited by chuckaroo on Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie

2024 targets:
porbeagle, stingers, seatrout, shore skate, shore tope

For this message the author chuckaroo has received thanks: 2
corbyeire (Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:30 pm), family guy (Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:40 pm)
chuckaroo
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 819 times

Re: LRF stoner session - Antrim coast

Postby johnwest » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:44 pm

chuckaroo wrote:Got up early yesterday morning in the hope of a few cod from the Antrim shore.
When I got to the mark there were two guys fishing it so I set up on an adjacent rock out of their way, no problem. But half an hour into the session I heard one of them having an almighty crack-off (I tried not 8) to laugh :P ), and 5 minutes later they were gone.
I looked over and saw a familiar unpleasant sight :roll: - a lot of rubbish and sh1ye left laying at their ar5es :evil: So I headed over to have a look, with the intention of probably tidying it up a bit.
Once I got there I found quite a lot of stuff abandoned. Apart from the usual plastic bags, bait bags and bottles etc, I found: a rod and reel, fresh bait, gloves, hooks, and.. wait pmfor it... 2 wee bags of d0pe! I was quite pleased with my new found 'gifts', so I cleaned up their mess and took everything else.
:?:
I fished the top of the tide to the bottom, right up and into dark, but had meagre results; no cod appeared.
The two rods at distance only produced a few doggies (and quite a lot of edible crabs) but the most fun was had in close I guess - lrf fishing with my newly acquired rod and reel :mrgreen: I caught a LOT of small coley, pollack and dab with it. :?: :mrgreen:

Was happy with a new 13.5' rod that I recently purchased (have never owned a beachcaster in my life) and I was well chuffed with the performance of my smaller 11' 'flattie' rod that I actually managed to repair! - after it snapped in two (3) just above the butt upon casting recently. It's a little heavier than before but it was 100% 8)

A lot of guys out on the shore yesterday, what with the settled mild weather. Think most were having similar results(?).

Your title had me intrigued! Just wondering into which category, "mess" or "everything else" the 2 wee bags fell......Don't answer on the public forum! Still a rod and reel etc is a nice reward for clearing up other people's crap and they'll hardly claim them back from th nearest police station along with their gear. What sort of beachcaster did you get? Always good to get a few fish.
2013 species; 31

2014 species; 27

2015 species; 28

2016 species; 32

2017 species;28

2018 species; 33

2019 species; ballan wrasse,blonde ray, coalfish, cod, cuckoo wrasse, dab, dogfish, flounder, goldsinny wrasse, ling, mackerel, plaice, pollack, poorcod, pouting, scad, sea scorpion, spotty ray, spurdog, thornback, tub gurnard, turbot, whiting.
johnwest
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 1299 times

Postby MC » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:00 pm

Fair play to you for cleaning up, after getting out and catching you ended the day on a "high" :lol:

For this message the author MC has received thanks: 3
chuckaroo (Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:26 pm), family guy (Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:41 pm), johnwest (Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:03 pm)
MC
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 383 times

Postby Sweetwrasse » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:14 pm

Well done Charlie, a nice haul for the day! I keep meaning to get myself a proper lrf rod....I think a few 'subtle' hints about a Christmas pressie are needed.
It ain't easy but it sure is simple!

For this message the author Sweetwrasse has received thanks:
chuckaroo (Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:40 pm)
Sweetwrasse
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 217 times

Postby chuckaroo » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:06 pm

johnwest wrote:Your title had me intrigued! Just wondering into which category, "mess" or "everything else" the 2 wee bags fell......Don't answer on the public forum! Still a rod and reel etc is a nice reward for clearing up other people's crap and they'll hardly claim them back from th nearest police station along with their gear. What sort of beachcaster did you get? Always good to get a few fish.

It wasn't an expensive rod Paddy, a Rovex Tide Line Surf. It's a big lump of a rod and it's like trying to hold and cast a vaulting pole. It's for fixed spool and I bought an Abu Garcia Cardinal 177i to go with it.
Am all ready now for these north coast (they don't exist) bass..
Attachments
image.jpeg
Charlie

2024 targets:
porbeagle, stingers, seatrout, shore skate, shore tope
chuckaroo
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 819 times

Postby Teegerstk » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:33 am

Definitely not the 'session' shore anglers are used to :shock: :lol:
Fair play on getting a few fish, and on getting a new rod!
2019 species: codling, whiting, flounder, dab, dogfish, spurdog, sole, smooth hound, bass
2020 species: codling, dab, whiting, flounder, dogfish, turbot, smooth hound, bass
2021 species: flounder, black goby, dogfish, smooth hound
2022 species: dogfish, smooth hound
2023 species: flounder
2024 species: dab
Teegerstk
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 226 times

Return to Archived Shore Angling Reports